Ever switch account's with another LCO to condense your route?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Jan 14, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like it would make sense to get more accounts per stop. Any opinions?
  2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I've switched with friends that I have in the business.
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

When I owned my business in Orlando, I actually bid on a contract too large for myself to handle (knowingly) and hired a grass cutter who I knew from my neighborhood(he had a few contracts) as a Sub (yes he used his own equipment) since he was more or less Homeowner only and had no contracts, he was happy to have some gauranteed income....And to put the icing on the cake when I sold the business and the contracts when I left FLA I let him buy the contract from me on a payment plan. He then talked the HOA into letting him do the work through out the week rather than one day. So he basicaly became a permant maintenace guy for them as well...While keeping goo dmoney coming in...
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

it seems like it would be a good idea as long you were on good terms with the other lco's in your area. it seems like it would make things much more efficient.
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, thats a good idea......Hey....Ive got a couple of accounts out of my way....I bid them way too cheap, but I will trade you them for ones closer to my route. You know the ones......The gravy ones where you are in and out quick and make great money? Yeah, those.
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Nope. Too confusing for the customer. Being billed by you and Joe Lawncare shows up. Who's to say he won't screw you later. I have alot of friends that are LCO's and want to keep it that way. No enemies means more work.
  7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two lawn contractors that we give work to if it is out of our area, to large for us to tackle, or we dont provide that service. We will not swap customers, because there is confusion between which company actually provides service. You can easily have customers and contractors mad and develop a bad reputation.
  8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

My post was meant to be a joke. I wouldn't do it. you will never know the whole story about how you got those crappy accounts from your "friend"
  9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i love your logo. did u go to UF? i did too. '94-'99.

i am too new to know any other lco's. i'd not switch....
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How do you go about "switching" accounts I would like to know? And I would be real interested in knowing what the customer thinks of this. :dizzy: