Ever thought of....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ever thought of advertising to local organiztions like VFW or Shriners, etc? I have a bud who is a member of a local VFW (verterans of foreign wars) chapter and he approached me about advertising in their newsletter. The newsletter is published monthly and goes to all members. He said the advertising cost was $5 for the year and that included a image of my business card.

Thinking of contacting some of the Shriners and Mason organizations as well and see what they do. This might be a good advertising medium.

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

$5 for the year! do it. nothing ventured nothing gained. put me in there too. will have to add a out-of-route fee. :D

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Merlin
    Hey for only 5 bucks a year how can you go wrong,give him one of your new business cards and see what happens you may get a couple customers out of it.

4. Carolina Cutter

Oh....don't worry. I am going to do this.

But with the local classfieds here running at $60 for 7 days I am looking at other options this year. These people usually have money so I think it could be good.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

vfw, moose lodges, elks, etc are nothing more than drinking clubs. i've been a member, i like the $6 bar bill after drinking for 14 hrs straight, but there were never any chics there. so, naturally i quit. i wouldn't waste the $5 for the advertisement

6. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

as long as I don't have to ride one of those little monkey bikes, I'm in .

7. Carolina Cutter

I agree with what you said about the events but I dissagree about the wasted $5.

The best marketing I EVER did cost me $0.25!!!! Yes that right $0.25!!!

Here's the story. I was at the library checking out some books related to the industry. I had an overdue fine on my account that I had to pay. Something like $1.30. I went to the counter to check out the books and pay the fine. The Librarian took my money and remarked that she had been looking for the particular state quarter I had given her to add to her collection at home but couldn't find it. So I took out another quarter and a few business cards and gave them to her and told her to put that quarter that she wanted in her pocket and add it to her collection. Got 4 accounts of that little gem of marketing!

Remember.....you ARE ALWAYS doing marketing in every interaction with people if you want your business to grow!

8. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

There is no way in the world you can go wrong for 5 dollars in advertising. unless the members live in the middle of the sticks other than that it sounds like a go.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, but in this case, you are marketing to drunks

10. Carolina Cutter

Bobby I know you are just string the pot here but....

Drunks are people with money too right? I occasionally partake of the sauce but I also hire people to help when needed.