1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ever try MODECK in a snowthrower chute?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Dec 6, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Usually I spray PAM in my chutes...it works ok to reduce clogs but doesn't last very long. I was thinking maybe I could spray some MODECK in the chutes? It might last longer. Ever try it and how did it work?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

THEY have a spray for that. I forget the name.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

thanks Jodi...what I need tonite is a case of Geritol....I am exhausted..pure and simple. Snow work is defintely for the young ones.....thank God for 2 stage snowblowers....man this snow was wet and heavy...and really pretty on the trees and landscape...but its ok if it never snows again....hah
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Also for a long lasting no stick try parifin wax. It takes a while to apply but it will last most the day. When I was younger and did it for pocket cash i would apply the parifin at night and go go go during the day. when it started to wear out I would spray silicone on it to get me through the rest of the day. The parifin lasted from roughly 6am til 3pm or so and had to use the silicone for rest of day maybe 3-5 hours. good luck.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bite your tongue Gary:nono: