Ever tweak the throttle setting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, May 20, 2006.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

When i first picked up my Exmark (NOTE: 23 HP KAWI)back in 2001, the dealer said he raised the high speed RPM a bit to give me a little extra blade speed. I've since put about 600hrs on the machine with no problem.

Anybody else sdone this? If you're going to ask me what the exact running RPM is with the blades engaged...I'm waiting on tach to measure it:dizzy:
  2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Yupp plenty of times. I ran my mower well of 4000 rpms for over two hundered hours. Nothing has happened. Right now I have close to 700hrs and I'm running 3800 rpms.
  3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Did the dealer inform you of the warranty issue problems you face when altering settings like this?
    Believe it or not, but a scheduled oil sample can indicate what is wearing on the engine and the engine's manufacturer can tell from this sample what caused the failure of the engine.
    Go ahead and gamble with an expensive piece of equipment, you are paying for it's replacement.
  4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I'm well aware of the implications setting the RPM higher than the manufacture recommends. I doubt they could SOAP a few hundered RPMS.