Ever Use A E&t 24d Dresser

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by VWBOBD, May 20, 2006.

1. VWBOBD

VWBOBD LawnSite Member

Just Wondering If Anyone Has Used The Earth And Turf 24d Push Top Dresser, I Was Thinking Of Getting One To Use On Small Lawns? If So How Was It?EARTHANDTURF.COM/TF24D.HTM

2. Turfco Tim

Turfco Tim LawnSite Member

VWBOBD,
    Here are some things to consider when planning to purchase a topdresser.
    Capacity-Smaller capacity creates more filling time which reduces productivity.
    Material weight-Sand weighs approximately 100 lbs. per cu. foot. Since you will probably be using a lighter weight material figure on 50-75 lbs. per cu. foot.
    Is the unit self propelled? Imagine pushing at a minimum 150 lbs. of material plus the weight of the equipment using your own power.
    Type of material that can be used in machine-Unless you are buying bagged material (expensive) you can figure 50% moisture content. The machine needs to be capable of spreading wet material.
    These are just some basic considerations when buying a top dresser.
    Hope this helps.
    Tim Gray

3. VWBOBD

VWBOBD LawnSite Member

i already have the Earth and Turf 36d pull behind, I was thinking of getting the push 24d for the small condo complexes and office lawns, and a few of my neighborhood lawns that are heavily landscaped and have smaller strips of grass , like around poolhouses and just general tight areas. I am not opposed to pushing these types of areas since they are smaller, besides I dont mind sweating it out :weightlifter:

4. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

How long have you had it? What do you spread or combination of material you'ved used?
    I was looking at the pull behind model but just wasn't sure how it would work for compost.
    Thanks

5. VWBOBD

VWBOBD LawnSite Member

I MIX A 1:1:1 MIX OF COMPOST/MANURE MIXTURE, TOPSOIL, AND COURSE SAND.
    WORKS REALLY WELL,this is my second season with the 36d