Ever use a wright stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

a buddy of mine from another LCO got a 36" hydro model, stand on it, pretty neat, ive seen these before but never paid much attention, similar to what JD has in a quicktrack machine. This thing has wheelie bars to lean it back on if you dont want the front on the ground for some reason, its pretty neat, does like 6-8mph guestimating, not cheap though like your average walk behind. in the high 4k range.

Do any other brands make these? they only come with kawasaki motors, everyone uses them these days and im anti anything foreign if i can get somethign more domestic like a kohler or briggs motor.

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They are comparible in price to a hydro walkbehind especially if you add a decent sulky. I think the 36 is right around 5000 with tax. You do start adding quite a bit when you go to an electric start engine or the Rapid Height Deck.

I know Deere, Great Dane and Everride all have stand up mowers. I dont think any of them offer a size smaller than a 48 though...where Wright has a 42, 36, and 32 in the stander.

The wheelie bars are there so people dont tip them back on themselves. They have a video on their site of popping a wheelie to get them up on curbs...thats their suggested method for doing that I guess.

We just got our first Wright units in...I have unpacked the 36" model and have been driving it out front to put it on display. Fun little machine to drive :)

3. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Half the machines around here are the standers. Great and versitile machines. The danes used to be as good or better but got sued by wright and had to make changes. Now the stander is the way to go.

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wright Stander's are great, best mower I have ever owned.

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

ditto, currently own two 23hp, 52in. kawasaki only, don't make the mistake of buying the kohler.

6. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Best mower going!!

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

:walking: Thats all we use!

8. J. Bret Holder

J. Bret Holder LawnSite Member

Hey there,

I am ready to purchase two Wright Stander mowers - the 32" Stander and a 36" Stander w/ Rapid Height. The only problem that I am trying to figure out is just how legitimate is Wright Manufacturing's Channel Partner Discount program?

I received a great price on the 32" Stander from my Wright dealer, but a price of $5,899.00 on the 36" Stander w/Rapid Height. According to the Channel Partner Discount spreadsheet, we LCO's should be able to purchase the Wright Stander 36" w/ Rapid Height for about $5,655.06 come September 3rd. However, my dealer is standing firm on his price of $5,899.00.

It doesn't sound like it's the dealer's fault. Certainily he needs to make a profit. However, it would seem that Wright Mfg. would ensure that the dealer will make a decent amount of profit, while in the meantime honoring its:hammerhead: Channel Partner Discount program to benefit its prospective customers and the dealer.

9. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

How are these standers in the ditches???Ihave always wondered about them.

10. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

All we use, all we will ever use. Own 3, 52'', 36'', and 32''. Sold every Z in the shop.