Ever want to throw your trimmer infront of a truck?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 2k1yzfr1, Mar 8, 2006.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

What would cause a Redmax 2600 I think is the model to run or barley run I should say for the first 2-3 mins of operation. I have changed the plug, filter, decarboned exhaust port, tried 87 with redmax oil, 87 with amsoil, 93 with amsoil. I would take it back to the dealer, but everytime I go there it runs perfect and I look like a fool. Anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this? After the thing spits sputters and dies 4-5 times it runs great.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Try replacing the fuel filter inside the tank. It could be starting to get clogged up.

3. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

not sure, i had problem like that before , turned out to be carbon build up ,fixed,then ran like a champ for 6 mnths. now problem again. i have thrown around a few times lol, really frustrating . Mine now either takes 2pulls to start or up to 20+ half the time seems like.Doesnt matter if cold or just used 5 minutes ago. I dropped off at shop Monday , i`ll let u know what they say .....

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Could it be in the trigger?

My Stihl had similar symptoms and of all things the trigger was gummed up and didn't allow it to run properly.

5. WarEagleCRL

WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member

have you taken the spark arrester off yet? That will make it run awful

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

You need to have the dealer adjust the metering valve in the carb. It can be tweaked a little to make starting and warmup easier. You could also have trash in the carb. Another possibilty, is carbon buildup in the exhaust port on the engine. If carbon builds up on the spark screen, it can also build up in the exhaust port on the side of the engine cylinder.