Ever Wonder What They Use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Duncan IN, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

I was watching the History Channel the other day and they were talking about germany and some other countries, it was some documentary on war.... It hit me all of a sudden, What kind of mowers do they use to mow their lawns. that being the other countries. Any of you guys now what they use? I would kind of like to see what they have.
  2. I dont know about mainland europe but when i went to scotland i
    did Notice a man with 21in type rotery mower mowing a lawn .But i really dont know what the most populer mowers are .
    That was what i seen around aberdeen and edinburgh

I must say the cities are beautiful and the hegdes and bushes are a site to behold
    Everyone talks of the beauty of ireland but it cant hold a light to scotland.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Walkers are worldwide!!!
  4. jack D.

jack D. Banned

Middle East is slightly behind the times.
    I hear they still use a scyth in very rural parts of North America.

5. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

check out the british lawnmower museum website ,pretty interesting!
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Electric equiptment gets used a lot in Europe. The Italians are real fond of building some very elaborate looking mowers.
  7. cleancutdude

cleancutdude LawnSite Member

Speaken for myself 21" JD jx 85 ,Etesia pse 47cm and an Allen 19" hover mower kaw 43cc strimer every thing else is stilh or husky. Domestic grass is normaly cut every two weeks and baged mulching does not realy exist conditions are to wet by the time the dew has dried off is started to rain . In realy wet condithion the Etesia excells . As for riders Kubota has the biggest share of the market .