Ever worked for some mexicans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell113, Aug 29, 2005.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted a thread friday night about (would you load up for $55). Anyway I go over to do the job and the customers were mexicans. I start to work and the whole family comes out , then the neighbors come over and the next thing you know there are nine mexicans standing in the driveway drinking beer and watching me mow. This bothered me a little so the closer they moved to me I would go straight toward them then whip a 180 and throw clippings there way. I never seen folks scatter like they did to get out of the way. They got the message and went back inside all except for the woman with my money in her hand. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

2. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

LOL.

yes it happens all the time except for only 1 or 2 people will sit and watch me.
    I dont like it at all, when poeple watch me work, it makes me mess up alot.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Cant stand being watched either, should have offered one of them 50 cents to do the trimming, edging and blow off LOL.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i hate the watcher,they always find little extra's they would like you to "please do this for me".but they dont want to pay for it.i had 1 lady who while i was out back mowing grabbed my trimmer guy without my knowledge and instead of trimming he was pullin freakin weeds.oh my god was i ever pi$$ed.i was ready to go and he hadn't even finished trimming the front yard. :angry:

5. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I felt funny about it at first thinking that they were just testing the gringo but they were and continue to be very friendly and were always great about paying. I send monthly invoices but they would always tape a check to the front door when I was there. They bought a mower and now take care of their own yard but they always smile and wave when I'm next door.

6. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

You might consider the safety issue of having people near by when mowing. I would ask them to go inside just in case the mower picks up something.

7. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a guy we started this year we call him old man grass in the face. First time we cut he was standing over the top of us watching our every move. He wouldnt move so he got blasted by a bunch of grass. Didnt faze him a bit, acted like nothing happened LOL. So hence the nickname, and for the record I wasnt mowing it was my help, me personally I would have shot the grass away from him.

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are Mexicans the only people who participate in this phenomenon, of watching grass cutters cut lawns? How about the rednecks? Do they watch grasscutters, while setting on the back of a pickup, guzzling beer and pissing?Were you afraid they were going to whip out a switchblade ,and cut your nuts off.
    Is there something wrong with Mexicans? My lady is Mexican; she’s a lawyer, makes a hell of lot more money then grass cutters, and she has a hell a more class then anybody in the state of GA..

9. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

Yes, please do, show us just how stupid you are too.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

?????? Did someone have a bad day? I did not see anything really insulting about the post, and I happen to be from Georgia. Unusual post for you 6;7, and Im sure your wife is a good woman.