Evergreen in Goffstown NH.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 3, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I went to the home of a fairly well known landscape designer and consultant Robert Gilmore in NH. He had an open house and let the public walk through his property which is less than an acer. Seems so large yet looks so natural. The design and layout is very impressive with berms and plantings near the road to block neighbors houses. One of the most interesting things about this man is he hates lawn because of all the maintenance required to keep them looking nice. He has only one patch of grass about the size of a pool table on his property. Just thought i'd share a few pics.

DSCF7066 AA.jpg

DSCF7072 BB.jpg

DSCF7074 CC.jpg

2. RedMax Man

The name of the garden is Evergreen

DSCF7096 EE.jpg

DSCF7087 DD.jpg

DSCF7115 FF.jpg

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for shareing looks nice!! Love N.H. baby. Easy up keep did he say or does he pay some one to trim and such?

4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I love how natural it looks, but man he hates grass? wow. If I had an insane amount of money i'd have 50 acres of lawn.

5. RedMax Man

I feel the same way, I'd like alot of natural landscape but also many acres of lush green grass. This guy seriously has no lawn except for a patch and says they're basically useless and cost too much to maintain. I love grass and stripes:)