Everide Warrior cut quality?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mhussey, May 14, 2007.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Well today after work I went to my dealer that sells Toro, Everide, Snapper Pro, Simplicity, and Cub residential. My brother is wanting a new ZTR and for some reason he is really stuck on the Everide Warrior. I somewhat like the Everide my self just in looks.

Well I got to drive the Warrior around quite a bit out in the parking lot. This particular mower had a 25HP Kawi with a 60in deck. I really like the parking break mechanism integrated into the sticks like Hustler has. This thing really handled, and rode excellent. The dealer had the pins set where the front articulates and it really smoothed out the bumps along with the standard full suspension seat. However, I didn't like the popping sound from the front end when you do hit a bump or something. It's nothing wrong it's just where the travel max's out. I like the steering dampeners also. I bet you can really hold that thing straight. Unlike my Toro where it's so precise ( but I like the response of my Toro). Overall I really like this thing also. If was in the market for another ZTR I would consider one of these.

So we set up an appointment for a Demo on Thursday. We are going to see how this thing does. The dealer is going to stay with us, but we are going to mow with it on my brothers yard that is a monster.

One thing I am worried about is will this mower cut carpet smooth like my Toro will? I understand in really deep stuff this mower shines due to the extra large opening, but I don't mow that tall of turf. I want to know how well it's going to mow in 1 week and 2 week growth thats all. Does anyone have a picture of a lawn that has been cut with an Everide? How well does these mowers stripe? Any pics of the cut from this mower would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My Hornet cuts carpet smooth...and that Warrior is a step up, but with the same deck design...I think that you will be very impressed with the demo!

3. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any pictures but did demo one.

It cut well.
    No stripe at all in my turf.
    Just a clean carpet cut.

I don't think it had the strong vaccuum for the stripes.
    But as I understand it, I think they have designed new blades for it.

In longer growth it really excelled at cutting it off and slinging it out fast.
    The clippings came out about the same length as what was cut off though.
    That could probably be solved with a different blade or doubles.

Where you at Gene?

WJW, I know you have a camera.
    Snap some cut pics.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude that is sweet!! How do you like it???

Envy...I will snap some shots soon

6. Rizzo

from Iowa

I'll let you know later this week but for now it works great and beats leaning over to pull the rubber chute up when I need it. The Hornet has such discharge velocity that with the chute down it still wants to blow clippings out the front right edge of the deck at times but thats not the fault of the blocker plate just the design of the deck.:weightlifter:

Here are some cut pics from the first cut of the season. I need some new ones with the lush grass now.

Customers Lawns 007.jpg

Customers Lawns 009.jpg

7. mhussey

That does look like a clean cut, however like Envy said no stripes at all. Seems like only tire marks. Must not be a lot of vacuum to lay it over very well. Have you ever tried to run back over the same stripes Rizzo to see if the stripes will enhance more? I guess there are multiple ways of fixing the stripe problem, but overall it looks to cut clean!!! Lets get more pics coming Everide guy's!!!!! :clapping:

8. Rizzo

from Iowa

I have a couple thick accounts to do tomorrow and I'll try to do before and after pics. Jungle Jims does make a steel roller striper for Everride now that mounts behind the rear tires and can be stored in the up position. Not many people stripe in this area though so it's not a big deal to my customers and I like the clean look of just crisp tire lines. If I had a few large picture perfect accounts I would do the striping because the pics I have seen on this site are pretty sweet.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The no-stripes issue can be solved real easy... so that's a non-issue in my opinion.

In fact, if you don't stripe, or don't want to it's a positive.

Anyways, to get stripes you don't need to buy anything from anyone pre-built.
    I can instruct you how to build your own stripe kit for coins.
    Roller or flap style.

You certainly don't want to buy that jungle jim thing or anything of the like.
    You'll be hung up with it and/or have it destroyed in a week.

Trust me, I know.
    My stripe kit designs are as good as my deck designs.
    But they didn't get that way on the first try.
    I SCRAPPED designs like that along the way. Trial and error.

10. mhussey

I would be interested in seeing what you have for a striping implement. I have been looking around at some rollers ( boat roller, conveyor rollers) to try to form a hypothesis on how to mount such on my Toro Turbo Force. Toro doesn't make a striping kit for the 48", but do make one for the others. I need to do something, I was even thinking of buy a larger deck just so I can buy the factory designed striping kit.

You would think coming from an Engineering background that I would have already done this, however Mechanical stuff isn't my trade.