Everides already being dumped on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Just noticed some "new, in crate", and "demo', Everide standers are being dumped on Ebay. Someone in the eastern part of the country is dumping them. It would be interesting to know how, and why that is happening. Heck, didn't the new Everide standers just come on to the market within the last few months?
  2. A and N

A and N LawnSite Member

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Probably just end of the year, don't want / don't have room to carry them over the winter.
  4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Someone told me the company that makes them(is it ACI?) declared some form of bankruptcy. Dunno if its true or not, but that may be a reason???
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

ACI is in serious financial trouble and has nearly shut down. A newspaper article in a Nebraska newspaper says they have had to lay off half of their workforce. Looks like Everide and Great Dane might be on the auction block soon if things do not improve for the company real soon.
  6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do people seem to hate Dane's and Everride? They are both pretty innovative and good products I've used them both a lot and like them. People especially hate Dane. Where's the love?:drinkup:
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I thought the company making the Everride and Great Dane units were making the John Deere commercial mowers? Is JD not selling enough mowers to keep their vendor in business?
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna will buy them too I guess :hammerhead:
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

ACI makes planter frames for John Deere, roller decks for CNH and backhoes for Kubota. The Everride mower is actually a mower that was designed for Honda and after Honda pulled out of the commercial mower market ACI received the rights to the mower.

Ref: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FZX/is_10_70/ai_n7179357
  10. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate them because my Great Danes that I had were nothing but problems.