Everride 32" on E-bay Worth It?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kennygee, May 15, 2008.

1. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

I am Not a Commercial Operator ,but was wondering what You professionals think of this mower listed on e-bay #130221192291. It is a 32" Everride WB gear/belt drive $1799 plus shipping. They have some 48" also but I think they are to large for my yards. I have 1/2 acre with house and 3/4 acre lot i just bought. I called Ariens and they said any Everride mower bought from a non current dealer, would NOT be covered under the Everride Warranty. I also contacted the seller and they said Kawasaki would warranty the motor, and Peerless the trans. I know dealers don't want to service equipment they don't sell,You are always last in line. I really want to know if this mower will last and is it worth the money, or should I hold out for something Bettet. I am using a John Deere 14 sb That is on its Last leg at 14yrs. old. Thanks for Your thoughts.

2. nashmower

nashmower LawnSite Member
    from TN

Go here
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...serid=swilland1&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

and contact an ebay member who has purchased this mower from the seller. Ask them how it is doing.

funny that they have so many everrides for sale and are not an auth. dealer.

If this is just for your home, it should be fine.

IF you have a lot of tight spaces/turn arounds, . . or need to use reverse a lot, the belt drive(?) may be a pain for you.

"Maintenance Free" spindles -- hmmph could be good, could be bad - anyone else?

Again, for a homeowner, it should be fine.

If it were me, I would get a 36" at least. Oddly enough, there is a big difference between a 32 and a 36 on a 3/4 acre lot.

All the best-

3. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.kimbersinc.com/images/products/EncoreWB32.jpg
    Did it look like this but yellow. I think encore makes those walkbehinds for them, I have the encore version and I believe it is exactly the same as the everride. Mine is a 98 an is still running strong after 10 years however as nashmower said If I was mowing a 3/4 acre lot I would go for a 36". I love my encore but I swear sometimes I think it is faster to mow with my 21" snapper. Plus If you got a 36" you could get a sulky, you can still get a sulky for a 32"(I have one for mine) but the sulky has a tendancy to push the mower around and not make it track straight. Let us know what you decide to do, good luck.

4. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

There is a Dealer in Greenvile That has 1 in stock and I am going to look at it later today and ask more questions about parts avability. and to get a hands on feel. I really don"t think the warranty issue is that big a deal ,but the wife sure does!! What about the the 48" , do You think it is to large? My yard in front and back has quite a bit of slope to them. I really don't want to spend 4K plus for a good ZTR. I had rather have the money to invest in quality hedge trimmers and blower,. I appreciate the Feedback, Thanks

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

They are a Everide Distributor and you can get them down to $1675 at best offer the $1799 is buy it now but trust me you can get it at least $100 less S Wiland is a former distruibutor who is selling all their Everide stock at or below cost

6. farmboy1285

Imho I think that unless you have a gate a 48" would be just fine. Even if you do have a gate I would get the 48" then rebuild the gate so it is wide enough to get the mower through. I just figured that you had ruled out a 48" because it was too big. As I said before it is probably just an encore that is painted yellow, I that is true than you can just use encore parts on you machine. Plus I think that encore uses alot of the same parts as scag and other brands. I bought my Encore used and the only thing I have ever changed is a belt.

7. nashmower

nashmower LawnSite Member
    from TN

hear! hear! bravo -

get a 48 and expand the gate!

wise words.

I second the 48 - it should hold the hills a little better.

You're also right for trying to get your hands on one - get it on some grass if you can!

best of luck!

8. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

Well Guys I have talked it over with some friends and nieghbors aaaanndd I am going to go with the 32" and hope for the best. And sa Lawns etc. said I made an offer in the 1650 range plus shipping. and was told That would be accepted. Thanks again for all the input. KEEP THE SHINY UP AND GOOD MOWING!!

9. farmboy1285

Good luck I hope it worls out well for you, let us know how you like it.