everride 52" help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EOS, Jan 18, 2008.

1. EOS

EOS LawnSite Member

Found what i think is a pretty good deal, 19hp 52" for 3200.00 brand new no warranty, the question i have for you all is will i regret getting a fixed deck and is 19hp to small for 52" deck....thanks
  2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Brand New?? 3200!!?? Is it stolen??

On something that big I prefer a floating deck....however, that's all Ive ever had so I can't exactly say a fixed deck is a bad thing.

I have a 19hp Kawi on my Hornet. The machine is 7000lbs.. then you stick my big butt on it and its a little more--JUST A LITTLE MORE lol. Ive never had any power issues with a 19 on my 48. So...im not drinking the koolaid on a 19 being too small for a 52".

Hope that helps a little
  3. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 19hp Kawi on my Hornet. The machine is 7000lbs..

7000 lbs ? you mean 700 right?
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

errr 700 lol Yep. Talk about some ruts with 7K lol
  5. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

When I bought my dane 52 with the 19 HP kaw the sales guy told me that really the 23 HP kaw wasnt that much better than the 19 HP. I love my dane alough it does clump some, hopefully some gator blades will fix that. I wish now I would have waited to buy it and saved $2000.
  6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you will see alot of deals like this on the everride and dane stuff while ariens sorts out the current situation with Auburn.

Basically what is happening is this..... Ariens is going to continue to use distributors to their dealers, rather than direct like they do with Ariens and Gravely.

What's happening is the prices on the dealers cost and some on the retail will go up, because Auburn priced themselves out of business in a sense toward the end.

Some distributors are being phased out by Ariens and new ones chosen, so those guys are dumping inventory for less then cost just to get rid of it. I heard their was no warranty with these units because of the price cut.

It's a gamble. It's cheap, but if it breaks down, what ever it is, it's out of yoru pocket. If it's a good enough deal, it could be worth the risk.
  7. Wright Stander

Wright Stander LawnSite Member
    from Florida

On a 52" mower, it mainly depends on where you are cutting. In Florida 19 hp will not work in the wet season. If you're cutting north of Florida where it's not so tropical I would say that a 19hp would work.

On the whole no warranty...That can get extremely expensive.

Are you looking at a standon mower?