EverRide and Great Dane Brands to be phased out by Ariens Co.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Razorblades, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

Just read a short article that said that the Everride and great Dane Brands will be phased out by the end of 2011.

The article didn't specify if any or which models might continue to be built under the Ariens, Gravely brand or if they would still be built for New Holland.

If anyone has any info to add or follow up on, please post it here.

Thanks, Razorblades.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

heard everride will be under new holland name and painted blue, which i think is already been happening

3. pflasch

pflasch LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Can you post that article?

4. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

No, but if you google search my thread title, you should be able to find it.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

This was the plan all along. Ariens took the design features and models they wanted to keep, and incorporated those into the Gravely line. Now, there is no need to waste money on different colors of paint and various decal sets.
    If there is a specific feature you like about the Great Dane or Everride mowers, there is a good chance you can find it on one of the Gravely models.
    The main thing Ariens wanted, and got, was the stander models.
    Everyone should have seen the handwritting on the wall from the beginning.
    Do a google search ,and you can find the announcement in several newspapers from that part of the country.

6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at my local Gravley deal yesterday and They have already started making there own machines. There was a Gravely stand on right next to a Everride stand on. The buttons were a little different but the machine looked the same. I am just wondering if parts will be the same for the older ones. Another dealer told me they were not sure if they were going to keep making parts for the old ones or if some of the models were going to be redesigned.

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I actually started a thread last week on this subject. My dealer told me that Gravely will market the Everride (not sure which model) Z under the name of Pro-Ride.

8. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

That may have been the one I saw at the dealer. I have a "Scamper" WB and hope that i can keep it a while longer. If I can't find out if they will keep making parts I will sale it over the Winter.

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I know the Toro dlr here stopped carrying the ever rides but services them still. Demoed one once. It was okay. Handle bar parking brake is sweet!

10. mbrew

mbrew LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely has been selling the Pro Stance for a year or two that is supposed to be nothing but a Great Dane with red paint. I'm not personally familiar with them, but there's an '09 around here that I've thought of having a look at.