everride bagger....should i sell my kubota

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Feb 29, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought a warrior and i'm wondering how the bagger works.

it says it doesn't work off of the deck pulley. is there some kind of added pulley off the motor? my kubota has a electric clutch that works of the back of the motor.

i'm trying to decide weather i should keep my kubota zd18(with bagger) and just have one machine or if i should have 2 machines.

a new bagger is $2100 and it would probably take me 2 or even 3 seasons to pay itself off. i really don't use it much but it's nice to have for dethatching and leaf clean-up.

2. grass disaster

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have always found that its best to have 2 items of each piece of equipment. If something should go bang on one, you still have another to keep moving. Dealers talk loaners in a big way but they seldom have one if you should need it.

4. grass disaster

my dad has a zero turn dixe chopper 60" that i could use.
    he also has a older 318 john deere that is not the best cutter bit it would work.

i think it's almost better to not have so many machines laying around. i only have so much time and it's hard to keep so many machines and motors maintained, the way they should be anyway.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Worst part of having extra equipment is the space it takes up just setting there. I got rid of a bunch of stuff last winter but still have more that I don't use.

6. grass disaster

anyone know anything about the everride bagger? i had an offer of $5000 for my kubota.

i really want to know if the bagger for the everride is any good before i sell the kubota.

7. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

It has a belt that runs off of the crank to a gearbox that mounts on the back of the machine. That gearbox has another belt that runs to the blower. I've heard good things about it, but have never ran one. So the answer to your question is no, it does not run off of a deck pulley

8. grass disaster

a picture would be great!

i'd like to hear from someone who actually owns a the bagger.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

The dealer I bought my Bob-Cat from told me that should my mower break down he will always have a mower for me to pick up. Well...that lasted about 1 time then he told me that if I need a mower again I would have to pay $50 per day and I could only have it on weekends. Had I had two mowers at the time I wouldn't have had that problem. Not all dealers are like that though, that one is just a big pain in the a**.

10. grass disaster

i'm not worried about a back up mower i already have access to that.