Everride Diesel Hornet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Feb 6, 2007.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I was just looking around at Everride's website and noticed that their Hornet line of Z's offers a 17.85hp Yanmar diesel on either a 48 or 52" deck. That little motor cranks out 32.8lb/ft. or torque! Does anyone know anything about these mowers and/or the engine?

2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen that. No info though.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Warriors and wish the Diesel was an option on that but still I have not personally seen a Diesel but alot of LCO s are now switching to Everride in my areas

4. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

Yanmar Is A Rock Solid Engine:weightlifter:

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Bob-Cat resurrected the ZT-220 D unit by popular request also.

The reason I bring that up is that Bob-Cat uses the vertical shaft V-Twin Yanmar diesel and has in the past also. They use a 20 hp unit though.

Yanmar Mower:

* 20-hp Yanmar Vengeance 750 liquid-cooled diesel.
    * Quiet smooth torque with ample power sips fuel when compared to gas air-cooled engines.
    * Saves up to 50% on fuel resulting in substantial fuel cost savings.
    * Twin cylinder liquid-cooled engine boasts 749 cc of displacement.
    * New fiberglass hood designed to further reduce engine sound with additional sound proofing.
    * Oversize air intake screen provides ample cooling.

Dixon was also using the engine at one time there.

I've always wondered why they don't use more of them on more small ZTR's and walkbehinds. I believe the 17hp and 20hp are the same engine with different tuning.

This is what it looks like

[​IMG]

Base Engine
    15 3/4" wide
    20 1/2" long
    16" tall

122 lbs dry weight

6. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

Sweet Engine!:clapping:

7. Willofalltrades

I wonder how affordable these machines really are though?

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They are not...at least the Bobcat one is not. I dunno about the Everride...well actually I saw some pricing on them in the past but I dont recall how much more the diesel was.

The Bobcat is only available in 61" cut I think. Probably looking at 11-12K if I remember right. Where you can get a 61" 25HP Kawasaki one for 8K.

9. Willofalltrades

Yea thats ra-gosh-darn-diculous for a 20hp at least. Now a days with the price of lesco ($6,700) I find It hard to justify anything more than $8000 for a 60" mower, at least for my needs. Now I understand the municipalities and others with large acreage. They can use some kahonas. Yanmar and Everride... Make this unit affordable!! Oh and get a larger yanmar (24hp at least or more) and put that on the Warrior. I wanna see it tomorrow... lol

10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

thats what im talkin about willo a Warrior with a Big Diesel like the 31 hp Kubota