Everride/Great Dane: The Dump sales are under way.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

For those of you wanting a deal on an Everride or Great Dane mower, start checking Ebay on a regular basis. The dump sales have started.

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that mean that Airens is not going to support the Everride ?

3. Mowingman

from Texas

No, it just means that distributors and dealers are trying to dump their inventory. They were all way overloaded last year. Especially in the southeast where the drought was bad. Also, it is likely that at some point, Ariens will sell direct to dealers, like they do with Ariens and Gravely products. The distributors probably see the handwritting on the wall and want to dispose of all their surplus inventory before the axe falls.

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Another thing is that the Great Danes now have no warranty, unless it was built under Ariens ownership. GD SSII can be had new in the crates for about $1000 less than the same with a Gravely name and color on it.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well I tell you there's an important lesson to be learned here, coming from someone who bought one when they first came out...
    Of course there's no telling if, had I waited a year, I would've bought a dump model either.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I got a flyer today from a new business that took on the EverRide line last year. Warrior 25/60 Kawi with out ROPS list $8699.00 for $6963.00.....Hornet 23/52 with ROPS list $ 6999.00 for $ 5999.00......They have 12 machines of different combinations listed plus a Warrior collection system for $ 1999.00.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

...and they are still turning a profit at the "sale price"...

But dealers don't make anything on a mower sale at "list price" right? :rolleyes:;)

8. Mowingman

from Texas

As a dealer, but not for that brand, I am guessing they will still make about
    $500.00/mower at those prices. However, if their cost is higher than I am calculating,
    (since they had to buy from a distributor instead of direct), that might be their break even price.
    Whatever the cost, the dealer, (with his costs to keep the doors open), is just looking for a way out, and is not getting rich at those prices. I feel sorry for dealers who are stuck with a lot of machines like this.

9. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I visited with the reps from Everride at the show in Louisville. The timing was good as they had just found out about the acquisition. No kidding...they guys were happy about it and felt a great future ahead. I have 4 Everride's and love them. This is from the Everride site:

Brillion, Wis. (November 16, 2007) — Ariens Company has completed the acquisition of the former Auburn Consolidated Industries (ACI). The facilities in Auburn, Neb. have been renamed Ariens Company – Auburn Operations. The company plans an initial start up at the plant Monday, November 19. Full-scale employment needs will continue to be assessed over the next several months.

“The transition is going very smoothly. The EverRide and Great Dane product lines are on track to meet the timeline of the upcoming lawn and garden season without missing a step,” says Dan Ariens, company president. “I’m confident we can maintain the success of these two brands well into the future.”

New programs and pricing will be announced by mid-December, according to Ariens. The two brands will also benefit from the corporate resources of Ariens Company, including a more in-depth product development effort. The company anticipates new product announcements will be forthcoming.

Established in 1933 in Brillion, Wis., Ariens Company is a leading manufacturer of outdoor power equipment for both consumer and commercial use. The company’s premium brands include Ariens Sno-Thro® and Ariens zero-turn mowers for consumers, Gravely® commercial lawn equipment for professional landscape contractors, as well as National specialty mowers and Locke® reel mowers for the golf, turf, and sports turf industries. Ariens’ affiliates, Stens Corporation and its Australian counterpart, Bynorm Group, supply replacement parts to the outdoor power equipment industry. Visit www.ariens.com for more information.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This is the usual response. When acquisitions are made, the statement from the buyer, or even the existing owner, usually reads something like, "... there will be no changes, and this is a great thing for everybody ... great things ahead ..." As much optimism as everybody expresses at the time of the announcement, reality takes a foothold soon thereafter. If "no changes" are to be made, then why the sale?

My point is that status quo never happens. A new owner always has ideas that don't neatly coincide with the existing owner. In this case, financial considerations are huge. Financial messes are never resolved with "no changes." The folks at the show may see a great future ahead, but that future may not include them, or the products that they felt so strongly about at the show.