1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everride/Great Dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Mar 20, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

never knew this but wanted to share it after poking around on the everride website. apparently everride's parent co. (ariens or something) owns great dane. not only that, but they manufacture john deere's quik trak stand-on mowers.

apparently this co. must be benefiting a lot from the stand-on trend.
  2. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget, Ariens also owns Gravely which sells the units as the ProStance line. Ariens bought Auburn Consolidated Industries in 2007, which had bought Great Dane just under 2 years prior.
  3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Their Parent company was Auburn Consolidate Industries, who went belly up. Ariens / Gravely purchased their "assets" a couple months back. There's at least a dozen posts on here to read up on the details.
  4. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard something that they make standers for lesco to.
  5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i don't think they make the john deere though.
  6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. At one time I believe they did but I do not believe this to be the case any longer.
  7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, they still make the JD stander, except for the deck, which Deere provides.
  8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they will no longer be building for john deere. What's out there is what's out there.

Great Dane was selling to Lesco. That has stopped as far as I was told. They actually stopped late last year and that's why Lesco was giving the Dane away.
  9. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

i said that when they were bought everyone told me i was wrong, they make a good machine though