Everride Hornet opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dl99, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dl99

dl99 LawnSite Member

Looking for opinions on the Everride Hornet 48" with Briggs and Stratton 25hp ELS (cut quality, machine quality, BS ELS quality, etc.). I can get it for $5700. Appears to be a well built machine and the price seems good. Can also get it with a 19hp Kawasaki, but that is a few hundreds dollars more. Dealer really likes the Everride and says the BS ELS 25hp is a good engine (maybe not quite as good as Kawi but still a good engine) and is a lot better deal plus more power than the 19hp Kawi.

I've also looked at other brands and dealers including Exmark, Toro, Hustler, Encore, Dixie Chopper, Husqvarna, and YazooKees. I am also considering an Exmark Lazer HP 46" Triton for $6500 (also has a demo for $6000), but read a lot about the Triton deck issues so not sure now about going with the Exmark.

All the dealers seem good and willing to stand behind their products. This mower would be for commercial use mowing residential lots around 1 acre in the Central Florida area.

The Everride Hornet appears to offer a lot of bang for the buck. Would you go with the Everride? Better to get the 19hp Kawi over the BS ELS 25hp for a few hunder more? Better to avoid the Everride altogether and go with the Exmark Lazer HP 46" Triton? Any opinions greatly appreciated!
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the Hornet a stand-on type mower? One of my supervisors told me he saw a everride stand-on mower a couple of weeks back.
  4. dl99

dl99 LawnSite Member

The Everride Hornet is a mid size ZTR that comes in either 48" or 52" deck. Everride's full size ZTR is the Warrior. Everride also makes a stand-on called the Scorpion.
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Warrior 60" and love them bought strictly on 2 reasons

#1 Cut quality is awesome
    #2 My Dealer guarantees no downtime with loaners

I demoed Toro,Exmark,Dixie,John Deere and Bobcat all about the same $$ but the off the floor cut quality on the Everride was unmatched to me, may have just been how they were all set up but if a dealer is sending a demo out it should be set up right.They all had features that I liked and didnt like even the Everride has some I dont like.I have the bagger on 1 and it too is a very nice piece.Also have the Jungle Jims striping kit on both and they are awesome also