Everride Hydraulic filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by xtreeman, Mar 8, 2008.

1. xtreeman

xtreeman LawnSite Member

Hey,
    Does anyone have a cross for an Everride hydraulic filter?
    Thanks!

2. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Im was wondering the same question since I plan on changing the fluid here in the next month. Anyone know which filters brands can be interchanged since most of the commercial hydros are made by the same company. I get a lot of parts from a local John Deere dealer for my engine since a kawi is a kawi.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The hydro filter is an important part. Why not just buy the correct part from your dealer?

4. xtreeman

xtreeman LawnSite Member

For me it's easier to get all of my maintenance supplies at once. One less trip to make as the dealer is a little out of the way for me. I'm assuming a 25 micron filter is pretty common amongst hydro systems, maybe Parker has the exact cross.

5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Napa caters to us in the mowing field! Why they don't advertise that more I don't know but you can go in there with the part number and walk out with the part. Also have your local store manager order you a catalog, they stock EVERYTHING! Spindles and blades and belts and you name it! Shoot you can even get Royal Purple or Amsoil depending on the Napa.

Wix filters are excellent and should have a cross in your need.

Hope this helps.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have no faith in Napa. Its the last place I will go for anything.

7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

What happened that has made you feel that way? I am new to the business but I am faithful to Napa based on my Brother-in-law's auto business. He has been in business for 10 years and is the largest commercial account for the Dade City branch and has nothing but great stuff to say about them.

I know this is apples to oranges when it is mowing to autos so I am interested to hear what has happened so I can make wise choices. Now keep in mind, I am faithful to my dealer for mower specific stuff. i.e. Blades, belts and when out of warranty spindles and whatnot will come from the dealer but for spark plugs and oil filters they will come from Napa.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I definitely agree with that....it only take replacing a couple parts to put it in perspective....pump cost almost $400 and would have been another $300 to have dealer put it in. A $10 filter is well worth the money.

9. xtreeman

xtreeman LawnSite Member

I didn't think of NAPA. I have to believe the same brand pumps and wheel motors that are used on so many Z-turns can use the same 25 micron filter. After-all, Deere, Everride, Toro, Ex-mark or any of the others don't "make" hydro filters. I'll let you know what I find out.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Some hydro filters are 10 micron, not 25 or 40. If you are choosing an aftermarket filter, be sure this spec is in compliance with the OEM part.