Everride mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Palmer'sLS, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

has anyone ever seen/used these mowers? I had a dealer try to talk me into one today while looking at a hustler....now i am already sold on the hustler....but im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the everride thanks

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I tried one out and did a side by side comparison to the hustler I would definetly get one if you need a 60" cut or so. Awesome performance and there mower deck is just impressive. You could do a search on here and get lots of info!

3. Green King

by the way we were running a Warrior 60" vs. the 60" Super Z.

4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

im looking at the 52" supermini z...but somehiow i came across the line of everrides at a dealer and was just wondering...thanks alot

5. Green King

I would demo both machines. I liked the everide deck better but the machines are very similar.

6. 4LLAWNSINC

4LLAWNSINC LawnSite Member

Just purchased a 52" scorpion today. The dealer sold me on everrides quality control at there factory in NE. More peole that I talked to about there riders are happy with them, and I looked at the deck on them and it is like none I have ever seen. Looks like it would do well with tall grass.

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the Scorpion have the Dane deck or the Everride deck?

8. 4LLAWNSINC

4LLAWNSINC LawnSite Member

It is the dane deck. I was stuck between sufer 2 and this mower. The scorpion is exactly the same except for colors. I asked the rep about if the were planing on putting a everride deck on it and he said no.

9. maxess1000

maxess1000 LawnSite Member

Anyone looking at Everride mowers, be very careful. I worked for a distributor that took this line on two years ago. The decks are awesome and the cut is fantastic. The problems with this mowers hydraulics are many. At least 25 updates to hydro system in two years. Lots of failures.
    Auburn Consolidated Industries has been around a long time as a component manufacturer for kubota, John Deere, and Ford New Holland, Now they make scorpion, great dane and john deeres twin track or qwick trac. they are all pretty much the same except the decks. however this is their first foray into the wholegoods end. They have their work cut out.

10. maxess1000

maxess1000 LawnSite Member

The rep lied to you. They has been a lot of talk of placing the everflow deck on the scorpion.