Everride Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by msryan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. msryan

msryan LawnSite Member

I am looking at a new Everride Hornet 52" 23hp Kawi. This machine will not have a warranty but is new. The price is right so I was considering but I do not know much about these mowers. Any of you have this model? If so how do you like it? I am more concerned about quality and cut. I am pretty handy with working on mowers when I need to as long as I can get parts. I just don't want to have to work on it more than if I had another brand in the shop or something.

2. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Sent you a PM

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I have an '07 Scorpion 53" with the 23 Kohler. It is a great mower, I've had ZERO issues with it, not a single break-down after 250 hours of use. The 23 Kawasaki is a good engine, the Kohler isn't the best out there, it really struggles sometimes. So, I say GO FOR IT! You'll be happy, more Everride owners will chime in soon.

4. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have purchased 5 Everride Warriors over the last 4 years. Still have 4 of them and am very pleased! Well built, easy to service and a great cut.
    I do like the Warrior over the lighter duty model you are looking at......

5. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

THe Hornet is lighter duty but not by too much. Still 7ga frame and deck. Ball-bearings in some spots where the Warrior has roller. The biggest difference is the size of the machines and the 16CC pumps on the Warrior.

I actually like the design of the Hornet better. It was designed after the Warrior and has all the features the Warrior didn't get until the 3rd generation. The way the deck is formed on the Hornet is better IMHO. Stronger skirts and a built-in baffle (7ga) to reduce blowout.

The Hornet is suppose to be better in tighter areas and more manuverable.

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the Hornet have the suspension seat?
    Does the Hornet have a front pivoting axle?
    Don't think so.
    Warrior is a superior machine by far quoting my dealer.

7. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

WOW - get a little defensive.

To answer your questions...

Does the Hornet have the suspension seat? YES - sorry your wrong.
    Does the Hornet have a front pivoting axle? NO

Warrior is a superior machine by far quoting my dealer. - Also comes with a much bigger price tag. The 2 mowers are designed for different purposes. Just pointing out that the Hornet is still a commercial mower.

If you are going to be a smart ass, don't forget to include the smart part.