Everride riders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ed Ryder, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the 60" $7000 model with the Briggs 26hp engine, and last week was my first week with it. So far I'm mostly satisfied with it. Controls are very precise, speed is good, cutting performance is good at high speed (for now.) It's not perfect though.

They've got some innovations on this thing. One is in how the mowing height is adjusted. You just turn a dial and lower the deck. The height can be changed very quickly and easily. But if I raise the deck to go over an obstacle and lower it, that dial can turn without my knowledge and then the height can be higher or lower than what you think it is.

Also, I have set the dial for a certain height, lowered the deck and commenced mowing, only to later realize that the dial turned before I had the deck all the way down! It's a nifty way to adjust the mowing height, but not perfected yet.

Plus, that pedal to lower the deck is in a bad position for anybody who has long legs.

And my deck height was not "synchronized." So if the dial says 3 inches, it's not really 3 inches. That annoys me. Those guys at the factory or distributor or wherever should have made sure it was right and not leave it up to me to fix it. Grr! (It was delivered assembled.)

The brakes are connected to the drive levers. I like that. It's difficult to get the blades off compared to my Lesco Z2. Geez!

It blows out grass fantastically with that big discharge area. That is why I bought it.

So far, I like the extra speed and it is cutting well.

2. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Well thats awesome that you are pleased with it, i've noticed them while reading through turf and pro magazines and they look like an awesome machine! lets see some pictures soon!

3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I've got around 230 hours on my Everride now. The engine began to sputter and pop at 165 hours. I put it on the trailer and took it to the dealer, and it ran fine. ??? Twelve hours later it did it again. This time I just parked it and trimmed. An hour later it was fine. Thirty-one hours later it sputtered and popped for about 10 seconds. Then it ran fine again. The mechanic has no idea why these incidents occurred.

The height adjustment dial just needed tightening. Now it doesn't move unless I want it to move.

A squeeking noise developed with the floating deck. It didn't bother me, but it didn't seem right. Well, several weeks later a bolt disappeared and the deck height was stuck at about one inch. It seemed to be a simple repair. But I just didn't have the muscle to put that deck control mechanism back in place. The dealer fixed it under warranty.

I'm still very pleased with this machine, and now hate my old Lesco Z2. The feel of these 2 machines is completely different.

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

If you think the briggs is fast drive one with the kohler on it!

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

My neighbor I work with has 2 60" with the Kawasaki motors I do like the brake working with the drive levers One less thing Ive got to remember to do
    The deck height adjustment knob just needs tightened up
    The deck heights on the two machines are off about a 1/4 inch so when one machine is at 3" the other one is set to 3 1/4" It gets annoying trying to remember which machine rides higher but we have learned to live with it

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What dealer did you get it from? What kind of briggs engine is on it? Sound like it need a valve adjustment or something. Either that or an ignition coil.