Everride Scorpion 34" Hey Envy!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolluv, Jan 17, 2008.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Everride Scorpion 34" What can you tell me about these mowers good and bad. How do you adjust the deck and are they any good. I see some for sale and they are selling pretty cheap without any warranty.

I could use one for small properties if the cut is good and they are reliable machines. Any info would be appreciated. I'm not sure but I think Envy used these machines. (Everride that is.)

Thanks Dave...

2. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

decks are fixed with spacers

3. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

i could use one of those too

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a write up on the 34's about 2 months ago. All good things to say. My experience with the smaller wheel base machines like the 34's in both stander manufacturers is they are the greatest on hills.

Don't forget, with the Gravely purchase, they are available through Gravely also. They had them out last fall. Might have some better financing options if you interested in that if you go red.

I know there is a HUGE price difference going with the Gravely/Everride vs the Wright. 19hp 34 is just shy of about 5k with electric start. Competition is about 1k more in a recoil last time i checked.

5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

the Wright 17/36 sells for around $5500. Somewhere in that neighborhood.

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

that seems more like a price for a 32 and not a 36, even still it's 2 hp less and 500 bucks more.

7. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Thanks for the replies. I looked at a 36" wright and it was $6100. I just think that the deck adjustment on the fixed deck would be a pain in the a$$. I have never used a fixed deck so I don't know.

I would also be afraid of scalping issues with the fixed deck. The lawns down here are terrible, not flat and very wavy. The 34 only comes in a fixed deck from Everride. I want to use it for small properties and gated properties so anything bigger does me no good.

Dave...

8. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

The standers we just bought off the net was as follows: 36" 15hp pull start= 3100.00 dock del not to the shop.
    52" 23hp 4500.00 del. to dock. Still have full warranty as well. You guys need to shop around abit. These are the wright standers.

9. THEPLOWKING

THEPLOWKING LawnSite Member

Racer could you provide the details of where you got the standers from?

10. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Found them from a guy on here, that bought some. I posted the info that I had about them around here somewhere. They bought out a distrutor retiring I think he said. I tried to get a few local guys to at least get within 500.00 but said they couldn't and we bought them with our local dealers blessing. Not that I need that guys approval,ha. I see deals on the everide 34" for 3300.00 but locally they sell for 4995.00. Wasn't that long ago we found good deals on the Dane fixed deck 52" I think for 3600.00 but was willing to pay more for the Wright. The Dane didn't have a warranty with it kind of wholesale,but warranty doesn't matter as far as labor goes anyway as we have just switched to doing ALL our own repair work.