everride,toro or walker B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnnyusa, May 23, 2007.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a new 48 zero turn rider I have narrowed it down to these 3 . Toro 48 inch Turbo force , everride hornet 48 inch ( Hp ?) or a 19hp 48 inch walker mb Any recommdations would be appreciated.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I would probably go with the Walker (just because at this point my life goal is to get a Walker in the next couple years). I would definately get a MC with the GHS. You can always put a mulch deck in it, but you cant put a bagging deck on the MB obviously. Getting a Walker without the GHS kinda defeats the purpose of getting a Walker IMO.

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Johnny: Get the Walker mc and a 52" SD deck. I did church hill with my MT

only. I'll let you demo my MT. Ed

4. johnnyusa

ED, you didn't use your ghs on that house on church hill rd ..It looks great. ARE you happy with the walker B? John

5. johnnyusa

Ed , Sorry for wrong reply . I got model numbers confused. John

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Wow... those are such very different machines to choose from that it is hard to say.

I'd have to know more about the application and your expectations.
    Like what things are most important to you.

On a side note, I do see the new 31hp L/C EFI Walker...

But did the 'Super' MB rumor ever come true?
    What about the new deeper faster decks?
    I don't see either........

7. johnnyusa

Envy, I do this part time. Im a lineworker fulltime. I used to have 45 accts. I had a lazer z 60. It cut great but most of my lawns had sprinklers and if it was damp at all i would get tons of clumps and the jobs took alot longer. I downsized and now I have one account that takes approx. 3 hrs. the others were about 10 other 1/2 -3/4 lots and I think a large ztr would be overkill. john

8. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

In my personal opinion. I would go with the Toro. The Walker is going to be kinda slow. It would be great for smaller accounts that are really tight areas. The Everide would be ok, but I really don't like those little dinky caster tires they have. Those things look like they would get hung up really easy. The deck on the Everide seems to be really good, and can bush hog a field if you want, however the mower will not leave a stripe at all. That may be what your looking for I don't know. I love my Toro!!! If I had to buy another mower, I would buy another one. The Turbo Force deck is great in pretty much all environments. Do a search, you will be pressed to find one bad thing on the Toro with the Turbo Force deck.

Maybe some of the other Toro guys will chime in too..

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

A Huge second motion on the TORO.....I just purchased the Toro ZTR 48" 19 hp KIA Kawi turbo force two months ago, and I am Very happy with it.....goes very fast and cuts well!! Lots of adjustments to make it easier....also, definitely go with the deluxe seat - my dealer threw it in for free!!! TORO has excellent service and people to work with as well.....I'd go for TORO hands down......

Best LUCK with whatever you decide...

Jason

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I understand about the Lazer... :(

The 3 machines you are looking at... I think they are all nice mowers.
    I can find a lot to like in all 3.
    But I can also find at least on dislike in all 3 too.

This is why it is important to get in some good demos because that one dislike I can find about a machine... you might hate... or it may be something that does not apply to you.

So, of these dealers, who will set you up with a demo?

As different as the machines are, I think after you use all 3 you'll have to easily have a clear choice of which one is what you are looking for.