1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everride Warrior cut great in tall soaking wet grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hwew, Apr 6, 2008.

1. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

This year turned out to be a wet year so far. The 54" Everride Warrior did a fantastic job in four yards today. The ground could not hold any more water. The grass was tall, over 8" in places. I set the deck to 3" and mowed four yards. The smallest was 1.30 acres and the largest was 1.47 acres.
    All I can say I was very impressed. No clumping, No stringers, The deck did not clog, The cut was even and uniform. The deck pulled the wet grass up that was laid down from the front tires and cut it to the proper length. Another thing I noticed was the clippings were dispersed evenly.

Three customers were amazed how great the yards looked.

One of the customers came home from church and ran out stop me. He thought his yard would be a disaster and would have to be raked. While he was watching I had a whole group of his neighbors watching me. It turned out I got two new customers from this one cutting.

It was a great day!:)
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nice, we have four of those, two are 60, two are 54. i think they are under estimated on here sometimes and the pro market overall
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Wasn't Everride in financial trouble a while back?
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I think what you described there has got to be Hustler's biggest downfall with their mowers. My SuperZ decks (60" and 66" XR-7) have got to be the worst decks of all time in wet grass.

Since I've got such a busy week, I went out yesterday to hit a few of my commercial accounts to get a head start on the week. I mowed one at 4.5" and it still clumped up in many places and the deck is so nasty underneath, it's going to take me probably 10-15 minutes today just to crawl under there and scrape it.:angry:
  5. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Not anymore. Or at least not for now. Gravley bought them.

If they are still around when I buy next year. I will be getting a Warrior, probably in a 54". My dealer sells these and they are built strong. I have no doubt that there deck can process the most grass of any deck. Have you ever seen the exit area? I forgot how large it is, but a medium size dog could fit in there.
  6. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I too have an Everride and love the way it cuts, even when the grass is wet. I have the 52" Hornet model w/ 23 Kawasaki. Great machine.
  7. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, I was going to buy an EverRide until I decided on a Lastec. They have one of the largest discharge chutes in the industry. I'm suprised that EverRide wasn't mentioned more in the thread about "no clumping in wet grass". The only knock on their deck at all has been that they don't recut the clippings very much before they are dispersed. That type of deck design is most of the reason that they don't clump much OR recut the clippings.
  8. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

I'm getting ready to test out my Warrior to see how well I can get it to mulch. Im having a custom shoot blocker made and just bought some Gators. Ill see how that does and if need be, Ill buy the baffle plate made for the Everride by Jungle Jims. The clipping size in tall grass is the only down side for the Warrior but I agree it does disperse the clippings very well. I love my Warrior and I hope Ariens does good things with Everride since buying them. I did email Ariens some questions I had and they where great with getting answers for me. I told them they had a winner with the Warrior and could really make a name for it if they backed it. We will see.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I can save you some time....buy the baffle kit from Jungle Jim's. Just don't try to cut high grass with it in. You will be disappointed. As for the guy that asked if they had been in financial trouble..WTF does that have to do with anything in this thread?!?! This thread about hiw well the guys mower worked in tall wet grass. Why is it there is always some moron who has to bring this up in any thread that has Everride anywhere in it? Good grief! Sometimes I think some of you guys walk around with a black cloud hanging over your head just LOOKING for something whine and gripe about!
  10. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

As 'em Kentucky boys fer ya. LOL.