1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everride Warrior - Experiences - Good/Bad?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rochenyguy, Oct 16, 2005.

1. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

I've seen both good and bad reports on the Everride Warrior over the past season. Now that dealers are trying to get rid of their remaining stock and demoes, those of you who have actually used them, what's your feedback on the Warrior?

Good machine for reasonable $?

Not a bad machine but not in the same league as the big boys?

Run as fast as you can away from these machines, they're nothing but trouble?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I don't have any experience with the machines and i'm like you, i've heard good and bad about them. I've looked at them and I like the decks espicially. If you mow a lot of tall wet grass this would definately be the machine for you. I bet that deep air tunnel deck would really blow it out.
  3. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

Well ,I say buy with confidence,, I love mine,, had a couple bumps in the road early on,, but nothing major... Do a search on my name for a few posts regarding the ~~Warrior~~. I will be getting another one in spring '06!
  4. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have a demo right now on my trailer and the grass that i mowed yesterday came out of the chute like nothing I have ever seen. It literally threw grass 5-10 feet up in the air with high lift blades. It threw it out 10-15 feet to the side (3 widths of the mower). In FL we mow wet grass all the time and I think that this may be the design I am looking for.
  5. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

Like I said in the PM it depends on what you plan to do with it. The deck IS great and it cuts/discharges like a champ.

I will also say that there is no way we will buy more and prolly a good chance of getting rid of the 3 we have.
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

why would you get rid of them?
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

JTW, what dont you like about them? There really isnt much on the forum about them from memory. A good honest run down on the Warrior from you might be a good thing for future "search"s.
  8. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

Because we have had way too much down time with them and we run our Exmark just as hard if not harder and the only problem we have with it is flat tires.

As far as things I don't like about the mower I can't say that I don't like anything about it as long as it is not broken down. At one point all 3 of them were back at the dealership for repair. And I am not sure if it is our dealerships fault or the distributers but it takes way too long for them to get parts. You would think that when they have all 3 of our mowers in that they would have parts over nighted to get the machines back to us so we can keep somewhat on schedule with our work, especially with all the money we spend in there on other equipment and all the small things we buy like dozens of spools of trim line and trimmer heads.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Similar things went down with them around here.
    They didn't make it around here.
    Now they are non-existant.

The distributor here already had enough similar problems with other brands.
    I guess one more was more than they could bear... so they dropped them.
  10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you tell us exactly what the problems were?

I was on the hunt for a new Z not so long ago. The Warrior looked and drove like a good machine but, I had my doubts about support etc. I went Hustler instead!

Did I read on here somewhere that Everride bought Great Dane from JD?