everride warrior

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ludwiglawncare, Jun 28, 2004.

1. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

Just returned the everride I had demoed for three days. It ran like a beast. My only concern was the fact that it had 25 horse kawi and 60 deck. That is what I have on my bobcats, but the hydro is so much beffier on this machine that I was thinking it may need more hp. Anyway it ran and cut like a champ. Anyone have one I would appreciate any feedback. It kicked my bobcat riders butt in mostly all scenarios, especially speed. Thanks and have a good work week!

2. moonkat

moonkat LawnSite Member

Jonathan:
    I've had mine since mid-March and does good job on my 8 acres lawn and pasture (1 & 7 acres).

The Bobcat 225 (? 25hp 60" cut) was on my short list but I wanted more speed (Everride cuts at 10 and transports at 12mph). The Bobcat proved to me that it wasn't entirely about hp; great cut handled field mowing well. The Everride proved that a ZTR could cut pasture grass fast (8-12", though not at 10mph).

Only thing I'm considering is the "Torque kit" which is like changing the final drive on your vehicle. Should give a little more power to the blades with small sacrifice in speed (EverRide says 1-2 mph). Bottom line is that you'll have a little more cutting power and still be faster than a Bobcat 225 (8mph).

3. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your thorough response and am still considering the purchase.