Everride with loose left side steering

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lzrj, Mar 10, 2008.

1. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

I have an Everride warrior with only 50 hours. The right control arm is nice and smooth when using. The left steering seems to be "loose". We I push the stick forward, it has about a half inch of travel before the left wheel moves. The right side move instantly when pressed. The left is also lighter which makes it harder to keep it staight over rough terrain or grades. Im always having to adjust the left steering to keep it staight. Anyone know if I can adjust anything to help the left side?
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Take it to your dealer to have the pressure checked. I would say your wheel motor is going bad. Or there is another problem happening, such as a restriction in the line. My levers were both very tight at 50 hours.
  3. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Well....I already did that. When I first got it, I took it in because the left side was making grinding noise when going up hills and loosing power to the wheel. The mechanic thought the wheel motor was going bad. He pressure tested it and it tested fine. He found out that the drive belt was recalled and mine never had been changed. That fixed the grinder and giving out up hills. But I still have the loose steering on that side. Havent learned the mechanics to the zero turns yet so didn't know if there are any adjustments I could do other than the knob to adjust the tracking.
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that is not a tracking issue. sounds like you are loosin pressure on this side like gene said. I'd definitely take it back to the dealer even if it had been in before. I had an issue with a wheel motor last season. Dealer kept it for nearly three weeks but he got it fixed.
  5. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had to adjust my handles the right side had play in it and now its fine
  6. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

I think the issue will be the pump not the wheel motor if it is pressure related. Did you check to see if all the linkages were tight from the pump to the handle?
  7. 8307c4

8307c4 LawnSite Member
    from VA

I would have to agree, look in your Owner's manual there should be a section tells you how to do this adjustment.
  8. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Ill look into the steering linkage tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.
  9. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

It is the stearing linkage. I also had to adjust mine at around 50 hours. I never had a problen since.
  10. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

I adjusted the linkage just a bit and seemed to help some some. After riding around, moving the levers and comparing. It looked like to me the main problem is with the little shock absorber strut that is attached to the handles. When I pull both handles back to full reverse and let go. The right one is going back into neutral quicker but the left one is slow and not responding like the right side. Ill move them all the way forward and simialar results. I knew that the Warrior is suppose to always go to neutral when the handles are released. I'm moving the handles with the engine off so I know the pump and wheel motors are not a factor. Looks like this strut is bad and not making proper tension. It makes sense to me with what I'm experiencing. Anyone know anything about this strut part and what it is exactly called? I think Im going to order a new one if everyone agrees with me that the strut could be the problem.