1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

everride zero-turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by westwind, Aug 22, 2006.

1. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Used these machines last week and the guys really like them. All of the features seem good, and it looks to be a well built machine. Does anyone have exp. with these. We have good dealer support here. Currently we run 5 lazers 60in. Wanting to replace these as they all have approx. 2000hrs.
    Any opinions would be appreciated.
  2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Stay with the ExMarks or any other major brand!

Everride is a ver small company and is pretty clueless. (They bought Great Dane if that gives you any insight)

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any idea who ACI is? Very large company with a lot of history. Also from what I have heard no one else could buy Dane because of the relationship ACI had with deere.
  4. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

And what is wrong with Great Dane? I own one of the original Super Surfers and swear by it. I've found that many parts are interchangable with other brands. In my area, I still see a lot of Great Danes.
  5. westwind

I am not at all concerned with everide as a co. ACI has been making commercial products for a very long time. The company has been in good standing forever. I am interested in the product itself. Does anyone have any input on the mower? Everybody said that wright was too new also, look at that company now! Input would be great. Thanks

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Listen I demoed a 27hp 60" unit and was impressed by the way it cut good and clean especially good in thick stuff. Very well built!

Things I did not like for me was the following

Hillside abillity was lacking
    No 72" deck
    No diesel
    Not even a large gas engine available.

There are some cutters here using them and like them. No one has really complained about them other than the sizes available and engine options.
  7. westwind

Thank you wrebelmachine, that was exactly what i was looking for, anyone else?
  8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

My dad has two of them and likes them alot! I demoed one with a kohler 27hp engine. It is a cutter.

Things I like are the articulating mower deck.
    The deck itself is great.
    parking brakes.
    Well built construction.

Things I did not like were basically what rebel has listed but my mowing is similar to his. I do understand they are comming out with a 66" deck. But still no 72" and no large engine gas or diesel. That is too bad as I would look closer at them is they offered it.