1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Everride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lafrance4078, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I considering buying a ZTR and have been looking around. I have looked at all of the norm: Exmark, Gravely, Scag, Great Dane, JD, Ferris, and then I found one that I have never heard of before. Everride. I don't know about buying one that I haven't seen before, but it looked like it was made very well. Is there anyone that has any time with one of these machines. It was a weird orange color 23 hp Kawi on it with a 60 inch deck.

2. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

If you do a search - there were a few posts on them when they first showed up. I demoed one this summer. The machine did cut good and the deck did not pack up. Sat too high. It did NOT handle slopes well, had too high of a center of gravity. The deck belt came off 4 times in the 3 hours I put on it. Seemed like it came off whenever I hit a rough stop and the deck bounced. There is potential - but not ready yet.

Shayne

3. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Thankyou for telling me that. THose are the things that I need to hear. Like I said, I am willing to give someone knew a try, But I do like to do research first.

4. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

I assume you're talking about the Warrior - - couldn't get over the 169 sq. in. discharge chute and 8" tapered deck, but 23hp is just about borderline for a 60" deck. Ended up going with the Country Clipper Charger - - it was just as impressive, less expensive and a great dealer nearby. Good luck...

5. moonkat

moonkat LawnSite Member

2004 Everride Warrior is powered by 25hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine. Only engine option for both 52" and 60" Warriors.

2005 is now available with 27hp Kohler for 60" deck.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking at torque numbers for the kawi 23 and 25 hp models, they seem pretty darn close, within about 5% if I recall. Am I missing something? I thought torque was what really mattered. They also produce it down low vs. the Kohler 27hp which the specs I saw showed as having LESS torque and peaked higher in the rpm band. What gives?

7. moonkat

moonkat LawnSite Member

Kawi is good about providing graphs of their motors on their web site. Kohler, not sure. Do agree that I wouldn't expect too much difference for two hp increase...for me that would mean the Kawi 25 to Kohler 27. The one Kohler motor I have, 20hp Kohler Pro (IIRC) is a gas guzzler in a little 48" Craftsman DLT 2000 (2 gal per hour), and the 25 hp Kawi on the Warrior 60" is reasonable - about 1-1/4 gal per hour for similar mowing. But thats not a fair comparison because the Warrior's large discharge chute is much less drag when mowing. And yes folks it cuts grass at 10mph, 12 in the flats !

8. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

The Everride looks like a decent mower but they didn't catch on around here. A couple of dealers tried them and they didn't sell.

I think the biggest concern is that this is a new company on the market and why take a chance when they are solid established companies with Great ZTR's at comparable prices!!

9. moonkat

moonkat LawnSite Member

Legacy,
    Where abouts in the NOrtheast ? I'm in Maryland and no one carries it around here. Had to commute to Deleware to pick one up.

10. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Upstate New York...

There are a few dealers here because the distributor is pretty local..