Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gautreaux's LNG, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys use the new Everride mowers? Just curious on their performance. They look impressive, heavy duty and very large discharge chute. Any feedback would be appreciated.

They were originally designed for Honda... but ZTR manufacturers were not happy with Honda venturing into the ZTR market and I think the threat of pulling Honda engines off their ZTR's was not something Honda was willing to risk. So they gave all design rights to Auburn Industries and Bam.... the Everride was born!
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They have been rather troublesome, to the point that even one of the crappiest distributors in the business dropped them.
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I demoed one for a day and it put my Super Z to shame.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

gene... I demoed one myself, but a demo is not everyday use. I thought the unit we demo'ed was great. But I only got to cut about 1 acre with the unit, it cut that acre fast, pretty cut and no bogging down (grass was tall). But one acre does not a lawn mower make. I'm hoping to find someone who's purchased one and used it all season.
  5. 50ccmx

50ccmx LawnSite Member

envy lawn service,

Which distributor are you referring to?

BTW, the mowers have seemed to be doing just fine for us so far.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I was at a lawn equipment show for dealers last Friday. Everride had a display there, and was trying to sign up dealers. There was not much of a crowd at their display, anytime I went by. I gave them a quick glance, but was not really impressed. I think I will stick with my current Grasshopper and Gravely lines.
  7. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

In what way? Please elaborate.
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The Everride has a much better torque ratio than the Super Z. Both machines had 25 HP Kawi's and 60" decks. My helper and I did side x side compairson cuts on different lawns and the Everride could almost go twice as fast as my Super Z. The Super Z bogs down, not enough torque, and the deck loads up and will not discharge the grass fast enough.Yes, I put on sharp blades every morning. I didn't get to test it in wet grass or on any steep grades so I can't comment on that area.

9. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Do you think that something as simple as a wider discharge chute would help with the bogging issues on the Super Z when comparing it to the Everride?
  10. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member