1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EverRides new Scorpion Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengiant9963, Dec 15, 2005.

1. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

EverRides web site has just put up photos of there new stand on mower. Looks pretty nice. I wonder what the price tag is on a 52 inch 23 horse??
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Unless some serious changes have been made to it, it's still a Great Dane SSII w/ ER logos. I talked with a R&D guy at Expo, and he said they were going to make some changes, most noticeably the Everride Tunnel Deck on the new version. I'll have to go over and check it out.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, that would still be the case.
  4. maxess1000

maxess1000 LawnSite Member

The mower is a Great Dane. The reason for the failure of the Dane was patent infringement. Wright has licensed the current design because they know it is flawed. It has to do with the position of the rider in relation to the wheel motors. It creates poor traction on hills and rider instability.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That's for darn sure...
  6. bandbmowing

bandbmowing LawnSite Member

On the scorpion I got a quote of $5595 for the 52" deck and 23hp Kawasaki. That was after he lowered his price to what I told him Great Dane was quoting me. The first price he gave me was $6095.