Everride's new Stander/Surfer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Sep 3, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I read Everride (Auburn consolidated) recently purchased Great dane from John Deere. With Dane comes their patent for a Surfer/Stander. I really hope they make the stander everyones hoping for floating deck, dealer support etc. P.S. Everrides got a nice cutting deck.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I had not heard that one yet... but I find it rather interesting.
    I'm willing to bet that John Deere still retains some of the patents though...

3. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Also an electric deck lift would be priceless.

4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, lets bet! How does $63.46 sound?

5. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

On a somewhat related note, the Wright Stander now is available in a floating deck. I had a chance to view it at a dealer in KC as they are selling them now. The Stander looks completely different now, very sharp. Likewise, they had a JD Stander and it was a behometh, albeit the one I saw had a 60+ inch deck. It was large in comparison to the Wrights, it would be interesting to see the specs on both.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Somebody has a sense of humor, and somebody is reading or a member elsewhere too.

The sad part is that when I read $63.46 I knew instantly what you were talking about.

But yeah, I'll bet that because I can just send you that set of blades in lieu of the $.
    They will fit any mower that uses 16" blades with a 5/8" center hole.
    Don't worry, they are still sharp.
    Two mowers never lasted long enough to dull the original edge.
    :dizzy:

7. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm confused. What do you mean you knew instantly? Are you messing with me or did you post something about $63.46 in another post? I'm going to look through your posts because I just made a random number up.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Ha Ha!!! :D That's too funny.
    Don't search, you won't find it here.
    But I will dig it up for you later.
    What are the odds???

Too funny!

9. Envy Lawn Service

The story behind $63.46 is that I was really pizzed about being suckered into paying that much for a set of blades. Then I ended up having to wait 9 days for what was supposed to be 'next day'.

And the story goes on. Here ya go....

To top it all off, of all things, the 'new' part number I was given from the factory to order from in order to get a specific blade... well it failed to deliver that specific blade... and this was the second number I was given and the second number I had ordered from to no avail.... still failing to get the blade I needed.

Moral of the story: Never buy Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna equipment

10. 50ccmx

50ccmx LawnSite Member

The way I understood it, is that Everride/Great Dane will continue to build the surfer for JD until the patent runs our in 8 years(I think). They are only 2 poeple that can build these units(great dane, wright stander) until the patents are up. That is reason Everride bought great dane. Everride will have one out and the walk behinds soon. Should be on display in Ky at the louisville show next month.