Every Door Direct Mail ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by metro36, Feb 20, 2012.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone used this service? I was playing with the web tool and I can target specific area's with the carrier routes. I estimate that I would have less than 5% waste within my 1500 piece mailing versus using a mailing list. Even if it was 10% waste there would still be a substantial savings over regular postage.

My question was does anyone know if they will accept a 5.5"x8.5" postcard? I have a design for one laid out already but I want to make sure because the guidelines are kinda unclear. If you used this program, what size did you mail? I don't really want to use anything larger as I feel more people would throw it out without reading. I am going to try to stop by the post office tomorrow but I was just seeing if anybody else had any info.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Their pdf download which is confusing says it has to be a minimum of 6 and 1/8" by 8.5"

3. metro36

I went to the post office and talked to the guy who handles bulk mail. He said that it has to be larger than either 6 1/8" wide or 11 1/2" long. So 6 1/2" x 8" postcards will be acceptable. We also went over the layout and made sure I had evetything right. All I had to do was resize the existing image and ordered them from got print.

4. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

which every door direct site were you on? the usps ?

5. xclusive

Yes. I went on usps.

6. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

let me know how it works out 4 u

7. metro36

I ordered 2500 of them from gotprint.com. They only cost me $190 for the postcards plus shipping. I plan on mailing out 1500 of them right away and I will send out the remainer to some of the same addresses mid april. I am hoping I will get about a 1% response rate from these but we will have to see. I will let everyone know how it works out.

8. xclusive

I have 30k coming to me. We will see how it works out.

9. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I also just got 2500 from Gotprint and will be sending out 2500 a month starting monday for the next 3 months.

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I just read looked on the site at the route choices and it gives you a cost for whatever route you pick and the number of houses in that route. You can't just choose your own mailout quantity?
    Posted via Mobile Device