Every Door Direct Mail ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by metro36, Feb 20, 2012.

1. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

No you have to provide them with enough pieces for each carrier route.

2. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am trying this for the first time. I will be sending them out around April 1. We are ordering 3000 from Plan-it graphics. Hoping for a 1% return. We will see

3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Since we are all fairly new here I figured it is worth posting a question so everyone can have a reference later on.
    On the EDDM web tool, when selecting the carrier routes, you have a choice for city, rural/hwy contracts, and po box.... What exactly is city and rural hwy contracts. City has far fewer routes.....

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

not a bad idea

5. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

So 6x9 postcards work? You need to print that label and stamp on it?

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

City Routes are routes based out of larger post offices. They are usually in areas with a heavier concentration of people. Rural routes are out of smaller post offices in areas with a lower concentration of people. Rural routes usually cover a much larger area. You can use EDDM to target all types of routes as long as you provide them with enough pieces to hit the entire route.

Your postcards have to be over 6.25" wide to qualify for eddm. 6" postcards would have to be mailed as letters. That is why I went with 6.5"x8" postcards.

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

v6rs97 if you message me your email I will send you my postcard design so you can see the proper layout. There is no need to stamp or label. You just need to put in the eddm stamp/ icon thing in the upper right corner. Then put local postal customer where the label would go. Its on the website or I will show you mine.

8. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

Sent you a pm too if you don't mind emailing me the same.

9. sinoplawncare

sinoplawncare LawnSite Member

Hi metro36, would you mind sharing yours with me. I am looking into eddm also. Thanks
    I will send a pm.

10. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Metro did u send your postcards out yet. If so what kind of response you getting. I am sending mine out this week.