1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Every Door Direct Mail ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by metro36, Feb 20, 2012.

1. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

So here is an update. I ended up mailing out 21k. I got about 60 calls and of those I closed about 20 new full maintenance clients. Now I know I was def not the cheapest contractor as potential clients told me so. The 21k went out over a 4 day period and I only sent it to all houses 1 time. Many people said they recognized the name cause they see my truck and trailer which are both lettered up.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Im getting ready to do the same thing. How do you go about isolating a carrier route to utilize the post cards the best? Where I service there is a lot of appartment complexes...I would hate to gobble up thousands of post cards with useless appartments.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Do you have anymore updates?

4. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used this for something besides mowing? also interested in more updates

5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i used it for all of my services, I sent out 2300 flyers and i landed a decent little tree job for 2200 which took about 6hrs on the job, and before that, a few houses down it landed me a larger shrub pruning and mulching job, which was over 3,200 the pruning and mulching job will hopefully be a repeat customer, as he was very happy with how everything came out but time will tell. i also got a weekly mowing customer, which i will most likely do a fall clean up for this year and, a spring clean up next year, they should be a long term customer, so that makes it worth while, probably use me for plowing too.

6. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

Good info.
    Also wondering more about irrigation services.
    Fert and other more specific items. Instead of here is our company we do all of this wondering if a more focused ad would help results.

7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I did the EDDM in the spring and picked up some work and I will do it again the spring. If your doing a fert and squirt now and mid winter might be helpful because a lot of companies start to send out the renewal so you need to get out too.

8. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

So is EDDM worth the money or do you think you'd get a better response with buying a mailing list more personalized? I am looking to send out 5,000 EDDM and was hoping to get at least a 1% back from them.

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

It was worth it to me. Timing is the important part of it.

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to give eddm a try ths spring to break into a new city tht is 45mins away that im moving too at the end of next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device