every had a dealer talk you OUT of buying something?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by corey4671, Mar 1, 2008.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Let me explain. I had it in my mind today to buy a Jungle Jack thinking it would make things easier as far as changing blades. My wife and I were at a lawn and garden show and I approached one of the vendors that I was fairly sure was a Jungle Jim's distributor. I asked about the Jungle Jack and the salesman told me he had some of them and needed to move them. He asked me if I was going to be using it on a WB or a ZTR to which I responded both. He cringed nad told me that it had been his experience that the Jungle Jack was not safe for use on a large ZTR. Of course with my wife standing right there to hear that, there was NO way I was going to be buying a Jungle Jack. I do have to say, I'm glad there are dealers out there that will not sell something if they think it is not safe, even if it means they miss a sale on something they need to unload.

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Yep.

I'm a dealer, and constantly have customers that want to do cheap repairs.
    I give them an estimate with everything they need to do the job and be safe (including replacing safety switches, guards, etc.).

If they don't go for it, I walk away from the repair, telling the customer (in a polite way) that they can have someone else do it.

No way I'm going to lose my business (or my good name) because someone is a cheap S.O.B.

3. J & M Lawn Care

J & M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

jkason,

I have a exmark 60in 23 hp with a triton mulching kit on it. When i use the mulching kit, it leaves trails of grass and leaves on the right side coming out by the shout onced mowed. i figured having a mulching kit would mulch everything up, to where the is barly anything there. I have new mulching blades on there. Have any idea what could be the problem

4. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

jungle jacks totaly suck for ZTR's

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I have ... gotta respect those types of folks !!

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I will tell you one thing about this dealer...I'll look to him FIRST the next time I am looking to buy something!

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The Jungle jack is great! I owned one and then gave it away when I sold an Exmark 52" Z. It lifted that just fine. I'd really like to have another one because using the floor jack to get under my 61" G-hopper midmount gets old, takes soooo long to get the thing up!

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use a chainfall and a wovan lift strap around the frame,fast and easy. I also put jack stands under the deck while the mower is up in the air.

10. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Wack-Jack (J Thomas' version of the Jungle Jack) on all our ZTRs. It works great!! It's one of the best tools I bought last year..... echo the sentiments about using a jack stand as a safety though.