every lawn under 1/2 acra less then 45$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BLL, May 22, 2002.

1. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

just saw this add in teh pennysaver "will mow every yard under 1/2 for $45 or less"! liscensed and insured

explain this!

2. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

i shoudl call and tell him i want my yard mowed at .5 inches adn i dont want one blade of grass left on my yeard when you are through, i want all 4000 lf of beds edged to perfection and absolutely no grasss can get in teh flower beds and my lot is exactly .5 acres of grass.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Down here that would be considered a good price! I can mow edge and trim your standard property like that in a 1/2 hour. $90.00 an hour sounds good to me.

What are you mowing with?

4. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

48 exmark, 36 lesco, 21 lawnboy up here that is rediculous!!!!!!

there is no open land here everythign seems to be weirdly cut and scaped and just hard to cut some yards quickly

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

BLL,

Thats not far off on price. Definately NOT SCRUB material if thats what your getting at. The "ANY LAWN" part is a little "bold" but I dont know too many I'd get in trouble with advertising that way.

Not many of mine are that small, but accounts of mine like this go for $30 - $40/cut. I'll be in and out in less than a 1/2 hr solo. Now if they want it bagged or some other ODD request, then I'll just walk away.

Actually a 48" WB is ideal for < 20,000 sqft., so your are set up fine for this. 10 minutes string trim, 15-20 mowing, blow and go!

6. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I also do 1/2 acre lawns for $40.00 + tax. Thats the high end in our area.It takes me about 30 -40 min to do a lawn about that size depending on the amount of trimming.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. 30 to 40 with a low degree of difficulty. Now, if they have a gated yard or something, that would be different, but most people that want my services are willing to change the fencegate. If not, I just tell them sorry, it's out of my market.

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Just got a one time job (when customer leaves town, about 4x a year) for 2 acres with practically no trimming. If i'm careful I won't have to blow either. $65. I've got a 1/2 acre one for $20 (low side but it's a favor type deal and it's my next door neighbor so I don't have to go anywhere) and a 1/4 acre one for $25. All these are mow trim and blow. I guess my 'average price' for 1/2 acre would be around $18-19. Most of these don't have a ton of trimming and I don't have to blow alot either, mowing is fairly flat out too. I think I can do a half acre in about 45 minutes to have it looking great.

9. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

See, I just bid a 1/2 acre of dirt and weeds at $120/cut. There are no lawns of that size out here, just fields. Mostly on slopes behind a 28" gate. ;)

I just closed a deal on a 6500 square foot lawn for about $45/cut. It'll be the biggest lawn on my schedule and will take close to an hour mowing, trimming, edging, and cleanup.

Things are just so different in California...

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

TGCummings,
    What makes .15 acres take so long to do? I can wack out that in about 20 minutes or so?? Must be alot of trim and edging to do and you using a 21" mower?