every other week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fullburn, Mar 2, 2004.

1. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

What's your opinion on every other week customers an how to you handle pricing them. I often thought about dumping them, more trouble keeping track of than its worth
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge more for bimonthly customers. It is a pain in the behind. I try hard not to take any on.
  3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Charge $10 more than weekly, just because you may have to double cut. I don't mind biweekly customers. I put them on schedule just like any other customer.

Those people I never really here from. Plus I'm getting more to cut their grass. I just cut them every 14 days.

Now the ones that Fertilize. those are a pain, I just tell them I gotta do it every week. But the crappy yards. they usually ain't that bad
  4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Its easier/cheaper for them, harder for you.

I cut thier lawns on my terms, not theirs.
  5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Twelve dollars more and no raking/bagging/double-cutting. If there are too many clippings then I'm not mowing often enough.
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have one customer that I do every other week he is a snowplowing customer as well.Usually I do not do this because of the obvious hassles but his grass doesn't grow much and know fertilizer but a lot of leaves for clean-up and thats were we make the money on him.
  7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

They can be a PITA to schedule but if they are willing to pay extra we do them.
  8. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

try some weekly,bi-weekly,and some ten day ones
  9. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Try not to take them. If I have to I charge them a lot more.
  10. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

We charge a $5.00 sur-charge, thinking of increasing it, but we only have 2 customers like this. In terms of dispersing clippings we only do a quick walk around which on a normal mowed weekly lawn takes care of everything, but on every other week mowings still leaves a few areas, the service is the same and takes the same amount of time, its just a scheduling headache.