Every start with choke on???

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dbroken64, Jun 17, 2007.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 Scag Wildcat that every time I start it ( hot or cold ) I have to choke it. 26 hp LC kawasaki. Is this normal or is there something wrong?? I understand a cold start but after 30 minutes mowing then stop and start it again and have to choke it again????? Anybody else out there having the same thing happening to them????:confused:

2. fire1man

fire1man LawnSite Member

I have a 26 hp LC kawasaki and i have to aleast half choke most all of the time and it brand new

3. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Same here!!

4. nickslawn

nickslawn LawnSite Member

sounds like you should get a different motor, but I don't know much about kawasaki motors.
    I don't think you should have to choke the motor unless it has been setting up for awhile.

5. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I am going to try and get someone who is familar with Kawi mtrs to tell me whats going on and I will let yall know something.

6. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

All my WBs have Kaws, and I choke them every pull, hot or cold. They start right up.

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's normal, The EPA has the OEM's jetting these small engines so lean that most require choking even when hot. Honda and Kawasaki's are known for this.

8. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Every Kawasaki i've ever owned had to be choked even when hot.

9. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 23hp Kaw. on my JD 657 I only have to choke it when it is cold, otherwise it turns right over.

10. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

I have a 23lc kawi with 1600 hr, starts right up every time with the choke. I would only worry if it does not start.