1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everyone In Here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike75, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mike75

Mike75 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If you do not mind me asking; What is your education and if you were to change it, what would you change it to? Why?

Personally, I am completing a 4 year degree in Turf Management. I love grass, but sometimes think I should have went with Landscape Contracting.

Thank you for your responses.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Engineering Grad myself. Got tired of politics and working for someone elses future, so now I am a Green Engineer:) If I were to take more schooling, would be in Horticulture possibly.
  3. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

Took small business in College...Apprenticed as a graphic artist, could have been a mechanic...I was never sure what I wanted to be.
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have adegree in electronics..and I am still in that feild.....I also wanted a "fall back" plan as far as income so I started my lawn business.
  5. leostaats

leostaats LawnSite Member

Bachelors in Business and Small business and entrepreneurship. Just get a degree. Realtiy is even if it isnt the profession you end up in. Most jobs for example "elevator mechanic" just require a degree, a degree in anything.... Your much more valuable as a college grad or a degree holder.
  6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

BS in Mathematics from MTSU.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

That would suck to go through a 4 year degree and then wonder if you should have spent your time on a different degree....4 years too late dude.
  8. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

high school lol.. leaving in july for MMI in Orlando majoring in harley-davidson motorcycles :drinkup:, the landscaping is a side thing for some extra cash but i love doing it and don't plan on stopping any time soon
  9. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

B.S. Electronics Management
    Series 7 Brokers license (Stock broker, Mutual funds, Annuities)
    Insurance License
    Pilot License
    Fert & Pesticide license

Ditto on "just get a degree." No matter what, it helps.
  10. Mike75

Mike75 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thank you to those that replied, but I wish more people would answer. I am inspired by those that only graduated high school and yet due to hard work and determination they have succeeded. I know there are many of you that are like that one here. Chime in guys.