everyone need help with new blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Nov 14, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

just put on my new meg mos i was excited enough to make two passes in dark with porch lights on but when i engage there is a LOUD thawk noise is this common (boy this thing got some LIFT) help :confused: manufacturer says to engage at full throttle (Gravely 13hp 36" deck) i dont want any trouble with spindles or engine help please

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The CLUNK is normal But you should engage the throttle at a lower setting.
    John

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the reply john i trust you you seem to be one of the more expericed people on here. should i still engage lower if the manufactuer recommends full throttle

4. John Gamba

from ct

Is MEG-MO telling you to go FULL throttle Or is Gravely?. If it's Gravely then do it.
    John

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

If you start blades at 1/3 throttle the MEG MO may need about 10% more throttle.The clutch people are the ones that want engine at full throttle

6. John Gamba

from ct

Good one Roy!! Have a great weekend!
    John

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The thwack you are hearing is probably your idler in back slamming into your frame when the blade engages. You may want to check your spring tension adjustments, as this does this with double blades, also. Mine did that on my Lazer, and it beat dents into my pulley.

8. t j lawn care

t j lawn care LawnSite Member

Tell me a little bit about these MEG-MO blades. To they do a good job and where did you get them?

T J Lawn Care

9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Go to top of page and click on the MEG MO SYSTEM icon all info there or call the telephone no listed.

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Since the Meg's are "swing type", when you engage them the blades swing back and hit the disc.
    Pete