1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everyone needs to read this report

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfmann, Mar 15, 2005.

1. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

If you love this business like I do and take exception to people trash-talking us you need to read this and the accompanying report.

Never mind the fact that they're beating up on TG/CL - they are just the biggest target, you can insert your company name in wherever TG/CL is mentioned.

These people are targeting you and your way of life. They will stop at nothing until pesticides are completely illegal to use. They are smart, media savvy folks and they think nothing of lying, cheating and stealing their way to their goal.

I have printed the report out and have been having fun reading it and popping tums as I go.

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Dang, I need to stay off of that list. I have an organic program, but have very few takers.
  3. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the site down? I can't load it for some reason...
  4. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

Every spring these people come out of there cocoons and start spreading there crap, thank god most people realize that there is a good to pesticides and if used correctly by licensed, insured trained professional then there really isnt any problems.

I love when I talk with one of these neo nazi left wing tree hugging flaming liberal about pesticides and they stand their smoking a cigarette, then hop in their 1984 Buick laSabre which gets 4 miles to the gallon, and spews so much crap in the atmosphere, but they wanna complain about me spraying a few weeds

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The crap comes from both sides sometimes. At the PA LCAP seminar, one of the presenters (one of the lawn doctor honchos) insisted that anyone who wanted to restrict the use of pesticides in any way is an activist and should not be trusted...He went on to say that any activist wants pesticides eliminated for good like Canada....
  6. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Sorry, Guys, I copied and pasted the website address and can't access it either. Here is the address for their main website. There is a link on the front page.

Hopefully this will work. BTW, the pdf is about 100 pages +/-. My favorite thus far is the sidebar on page 21, last paragraph. Oh, the horror!
  7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

How do you really feel? Hahaha LMAO.

I don't think I can say it any better. Except those people change shirts during hunting season!
  8. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

Great use of adjectives there...

Although i may lean a little to the 'left' ,you make a good point.
  9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I had a customer express concern that the pesticides I used might harm her dog. She was smoking cigarette while we talked.
  10. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I am a licensed applicator myself and don't like Trugreen myself but I have to disagree with your article on Trugreen. If my numbers are correct, companies such as TruGreen are only about 20% of the market with the public being the rest . I believe most of the problems are the home owners them selves. Professional applicators like myself have been trained how to use pesticides correctly and use only what is needed and use IPM methods for pest management.Both for financial reasons and for our own safety. I offer organic programs to my customers but have few takers do to the cost and effectiveness of organic products.What bothers me is that your approach seems to me like another radical left attack on the big American companies. If you were serious about your cause I think that you would be pushing for more legislation against homeowner use then attacking the people that know what they are doing. I used to be a member of Greenpeace and a supporter of The Sierra Club but realized that they were big organizations themselves interested more in marketing and making money then really doing the right think. I hope you are not one of those. Mark