Everyone That Uses Quickbooks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ghopper3345, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Scotty B's Lawn Svc

Scotty B's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

Hardly ever mail invoices anymore all are done through email

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I might have 4 clients out of 40 that I have to still mail to.

3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

email all my commercial and 99 out of 100 of residential--many pay via credit cards--I started emailing 10-12 years ago...made yearly contracts and accepted credit cards and has made my life a lot easier--

billing solutions allows you track invoices, who has viewed them, payment reminders etc...

4. Scotty B's Lawn Svc

Scotty B's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

yes 99% of my billing is emailed through quick books & they have the option to pay online through the invoice. As for paper invoice i can't remember the last time i printed one out. Anything that isnt billed online is cash acccounts, most of the time

Local Lawn Artist likes this.
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I started out e mailing with quickbooks but soon realized that everybody doesn't keep up with their e mail nearly as much as snail mail, cash flow was terrible so I went back to mailing invoices, I wish I could do automatic billing with a credit card but most folks here won't go for that.

6. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

what software would be best for doing this? i'm thinking either word or maybe photoshop? i have both, but dont want to waste time starting it in one or the other.

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I think just about any program that allows you to save as a .des file.

I think the file is associated with Corel programs though.

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Qb has an editor that does most anything...fancy invoices don't get paid faster than well laid out and uncluttered...

9. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

.des is exclusive to Corel Draw. Even Adobe Illustrator (their competitor and probably more popular) doesn't support .des.

10. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

I'm looking to make a more professional looking estimate/proposal than the typical form. i know QB has an editor, but it is clunky for trying to change too much. my invoices probably won't change, just the estimates.