1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everyones favorite topic: Insurance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nathan, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Since it is now down time I want to take advantage by seeing if I can reduce some costs. Where did most of you go to in order to see if you were getting the best possible rate on contractors insurance and bonding. It seems kind of hard to find agents who are willing to give comparisons or brokers who will give more than one rate. I have just used agents referred from friends and relatives, but I know that there is probably better rates out there from reputable companies. By the way I currently pay 150/year for a 4000 bond and approx 1000/year for 500k prop and liab.
    Any info would help. Thanks
  2. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Come on guys! Am I the only one who is legally operating out there or am I just getting such a great price that no one has and help to offer.
  3. CCSwanson

CCSwanson LawnSite Member

I am paying 300 per yr with 1 mil liability
  4. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

That is insane. Where did you find the company?
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

You will need to contact several agents, as most are beholden to one company for the majority of their income.

My contractor liability is $278 for $1 million coverage (6 months) lawn maintenance, and another 278 for street cleaning 6 mo (plowing). Farm Family, available thru your local Farm Bureau.
  6. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Pay $750/yr. for 1 million liab

$1400/yr. for 1 million liab. and full coverage on truck and trailer.
  7. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, I would like to know who you are using and how you found them as the best price.
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I am currently paying about $350/yr for $1M liability along with riders for larger equipment...all thru Nationwide
  9. CCSwanson

CCSwanson LawnSite Member

I thought 300.00 per year W/ 1 mil in liability was a fair price I also have my insurance through Nationwide
  10. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

CCSwanson, What I meant by insane, was insanely cheap. It sounds like I need to contact Nationwide. Thanks