everything i touched today turned to poop.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by markahurley, May 14, 2008.

1. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

on my second job today, my two year old echo 210 suddenly decided not to start. after fighting with it for 5 minutes, i shoved it back into the trimmer rack and went to drive back to the shop. i was ticked that it wouldn't run, and more ticked since i really couldn't afford the wasted time.

a mile down the road, a guy pulled up to the light next to me and honked to get my attention. he told me i lost my weedeater. apparently, in my frustration and rush to get it taken care of, i had shoved it in the rack, but hadn't closed it in.

i pulled a u-turn as fast as i could with the trailer, but by the time i made it back to where i figured i'd lost it, i saw a truck just leaving the shoulder it must have landed on. i couldn't turn around again in time to catch him.

so my trimmer broke down. i lost it off the trailer. and then somebody stole it. things just went from bad to worse. :)

good news is, i ended up getting to replace it with a much better trimmer--i went with the stihl fs90r, and so far am pretty pleased with it. so at least things ended on a good note today, in spite of my kind poopus touch.

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

yeah yesturday we bent a blade on a rock, ran over cloths line in the weeds (got all tangled up, and broke a casment window all in an hour.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That sucks...look on the bright side...the thief had to fix it before he could use it. I guess its not really right to call the guy a thief as if I saw a trimmer in the road I would pick it up.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

When it rains it pours!

5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain. those days make you reconsider what you are doing don't they.

6. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Speaking of which...I worked in the rain all day today.

Sorry about the trimmer. Maybe it was toast, and you saved yourself the trouble of having it repaired.

7. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

That sucks, sounds like a Monday i had recently there is nothing more frustrating when a piece of equipment wont work. I have not been out for a couple of days because of all the damn rain the ground is way to soggy and muddy as hell, but i hope it will be good tomorrow. :)

8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your day. I feel your pain. So far this year I too have been plagued with problems. And yes, when it rains it does pour. I have lost half a day 3 weeks ago because the idler pulley went out on my Exmark (Nearest dealer 45 min. drive from the account I was servicing :cry). I have had to buy a new chain saw. Now I have my Echo pb-603 blower in the shop. Yesterday my employee couldn't work yesterday and called he called in today "sick". Tomorrow the good ole reliable weather man says the rain will move in about lunch time. I am so far behind till it just isn't funny. Then to top it all off I have a wedding to be at Friday at 5 pm. So, I will not have time to catch back up. Employees and equipment problems can sure mess your life up. At least my problems have been spread out over a few weeks. Yours all happened in one day. Maybe tomorrow will be better. That's what I end up telling myself every day. I am so close to giving up on this employee thing, dropping some accounts, and getting rid of some of this stress.
    Well, I didn't mean to ruin your venting session with mine. But at least you can have comfort in knowing you are not alone my friend.