Everything is going great...How is it for everyone else?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys. Was curious as to how everyone's season went this year. I've still got a couple months left to go but everything is looking great and I'm going to come out above estimate at the very end of the season. So far I've done pretty well this season. Put a new engine in my Toro Proline (which is now sold) which set me back a few bucks (heh) but I'm going to pick up my new toy tomorrow....An Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36". I found a trailer today for $650 that is a little overkill for what I'll be hauling but I'm going to buy it anyway because it's cheap and I'm having a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for. It's made for hauling about 3000 lbs. but what the heck? Gonna deck it out with trimmer racks, blower rack, and a toolbox. I thought I would share a little. Tell me, how well did you do this season? :cool:

2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

hi gang it's going well for i and my family.where expecting our fourth child and life could not be better.i must say that this summer is flying by. im already sending out snowplowing bids. i hope all is well with everyone else.take care

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What are you doing here? Grinding the salt in?

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I thought it was an ordinance that you had to own a plow to live in Buffalo? Don't they have snow subways up there? heh heh heh

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Let it snow Let its snow Let it snow and the leaves fallFrom my family to your have a good rest of the season.

6. July was a real bummer.. I grossed 1/3 of what I did in June!:mad:
    August was actually better than July..WEIRD.:confused:

One of the high points of the summer was a guy stopped at my place looking for the JCB dealer down the road. We talked a little about my equipment. It was sitting around everywhere. He said he'd really like to have a big mower for his yard. So I offered to sell him the Alamo. The next day he came back and said he'd take it!
    I mean it's pretty hard to sell a 12' lawnmower. I had it posted here on lawnsite for sale, and I don't think I got one call on it. Then this guy shows up at my place! Probably the only guy in the world who wants a 12' mower.
    He's trying it out right now, so if he goes ahead and buys it, it's going to make it a really strange summer.:dizzy:

Dave