1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Everything is Gone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott's turf, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope your insurance takes good care of you.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I know who you feel in that I deal with this kind of thing everynow and then in my other profession.
    It is true that it is a part of you and it feels like something has been ripped out but the good thing is that you are here and you will be able to start again.
    I can't emphasize that enough. Yes you were attatched to the material things in that shed but you can get replacements, there is only one of you.
    I ain't gonna speculate on cause or anything else just use it as a learning experience, the thing you can't beat yourself up on is the fact that it was an accident.
    You have lots to do but be thankful that you can still do it. Good Luck.
  3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds like a real devastating blow. The same basic thing happened to a customer of ours, they're garage not connected to the house caught on fire. There insurance co. took great care of them and they had a brand new one up in no time...either way though its still a horrible thing to see happen.
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am really sorry to hear that and I hope you get your claim and are up and running before the season starts. :blob2:
  5. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

Real sorry to hear that. I'm sure many things had a lot of sentimental value and were things you took pride in. Got to be tough. Hope your insurance acts quickly. Hopefully it will be before the first cut in your season.

If you have to replace all your stuff the insurance will likely ask for quotes, so maybe you could trade the deck back into your dealer and sweeten the pot if your going to be buying a lot of things at once.

Good luck.
  6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

hey sorry to hear about your loss Ive been in your shoes and our insurance company took great care of us. However my equipment wasnt destroyed at all and I was told if it was it wouldnt be covered under our homeowner insurance.
  7. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the fire.
  8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about the fire, hope you can get back on your feet soon.
  9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably going to be a bit of a dance getting the things in the garage covered that are not included in some sort of homeowner contents list. Good luck to you. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a lesson learned if the mower isn't covered. I'm a little suprised your insurance guy didn't ask or tell you to have your equipment insured on a different policy, or some sort of policy. Man, I usually have to tell my insurance guy to shutup and quit trying to get me insured on every last nut and bolt. :)
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I am really sorry to hear this. Atleast you're alright, and no damage to your home was done. Like some others have said on here, because of that commercial thing, make sure you emphasize to your insurance that this stuff was for your own personal use.